Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Got into an accident!!! help...

Old 10-01-2003, 07:21 PM
joebenz
nelson rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you probably actually should have had a police report written up, but anyway, call your insurance, they should handle everything and tell you what to do
Old 10-01-2003, 07:30 PM
KrN pReLuDe

Originally posted by joebenz
you probably actually should have had a police report written up, but anyway, call your insurance, they should handle everything and tell you what to do
i was going to.. but the damage was so minor that the lady refused to report to police when i asked her.. besides, there were too many cars behind her car honkin and dawgin at us like they were gonna beat the shiet out of us..
Old 10-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

never conform to other people and what they want in a car accident which is there fault... they are at fault and have to suck it up or u should just call the cops and say this lady who hit me isn't complying. To be honest you don't want to be bitched around u have to be assertive or u'll end up with nothing plus a hit car...
Old 10-02-2003, 12:44 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

should have contacted the police man,..NO MATTER WHAT,..always contact the police
Old 10-02-2003, 01:04 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally posted by Mike94CivicEX
If you don't have insurance, and you gave her your info, you'll be arrested if she gives your info to her insurance company. And vice versa.
That can only in states where you're legally required to have insurance. Which is most, but not all.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:30 AM
KrN pReLuDe

damn.. thanks for the replies guys.. i wanted to contact the police but the lady was saying the accident is too minor to report to police.. where do i call if i get into an accident in a city that's far from my area? do i call 911? because i didn't know the phone number of the local police at that time and didn't know where to call.. but i will keep in mind that i will report to police no matter what.. again, thanks a lot for the helpful info guys..
Old 10-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

As far as the police go, you do not need to call them in a minor fender bender. When I had my accident in March (I hit someone) she called, they came, said exchange info, and left. For accidents that are cut and dry (rear ending) and no injuries or property damage and the cars are drivable, there is nothing that they can really do. They won't even issue points. (This was in MD). But definitely go through the insurance company since you pay them the money. My rates may go up, but I know I am covered for everything and my $250 deductable was cheaper than my $1600 bumper.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:02 PM
KrN pReLuDe

ok.. i was driving today.. and was thinkin "what if another person hits the same spot the lady hit yesterday?" what happens if that really happens? do they both have to pay for the damage? and what if my car gets totalled due to my fault after the accident? does the lady have to do anythin with the damage she caused?

sorry for the noob questions.. this is my first time involved in an accident..

o btw.. i contacted my insurance company today and gave them all her info.. thanks guys..
Old 10-02-2003, 11:06 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Are you hot? If so I can see why people wants to rear end you :idb:

Hi I'm Chris. Just contact your insurance company first thing in the morning and give them all the information. Right now I would right down all the details, like where it happened, road condition ie rainy, foggy, etc. the time or approximate, and the speed at which both cars were going. That way you won't forget tomorrow morning.