Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I got into a car accident...

Old 08-30-2003, 01:08 PM
SaviouR
The Unknown One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got into a car accident...

This is the story, as written in my Xanga log

When I was on my way to Festival to play some DDR, someone in a white SUV suddenly slammed on their brakes, causing four cars behind it (in the following order: a white sedan, a red Neon, my black Civic, and a black Galant) to brake hard. I was about ~2 feet away from slamming into the red car, and this was going at thirty five miles per hour, with a speed limit of fourty miles per hour, so you know how sudden it was for the four cars. Next thing I know when I braked all the way, I felt a sudden jolt, and that would be the black Galant slamming into my car's rear end, and the force of that caused my car to slam in the red Neon. I then recouperated myself to the point where I would either catch the license plate down on the white SUV that caused all of us to brake suddenly or see if the person in front and behind me was OK. I choose the latter, and rushed immediately to the Chinese fellow in the black Galant to see if he was OK. The good thing was that he seemed to be in good condition, and the girl in the car in front of me was also OK.

As for the cars, the Black Galant immediately leaked fluids, most likely anti-freeze and it looked totaled in my opinion. The hood was proped at a high angle, to where I can see the whole engine by looking at the sides without the hood open. The radiator was also at an angle and the front bumper was almost dislocated from the car itself, only to be held on by a screw or two. In a collision like this, I can suspect that his front axle was most likely bent, but not broken, because he was braking extremely hard. Speaking of brakes, I believe that his brakes were a bit faulty, but then again, he was driving rather close to my car to begin with and most likely did not obey the speed limit of fourty miles per hour.

As for my car, the rear end bumper was only being held on by the two screws on the side of the car, and the rest was sagging down, to the point where I can see the exhaust between the rear end bumper and the frame itself. My exhausted was screwed up bad; the end pipe was bent at a fourty five degree angle, and the piping behind it was also bent at the same angle, causing it to touch the ground. The right side of the rear end bumper was also rubbing up against the right side rear tire, but no trend would of been lost if I drove it slowly. The undercarriage of the car is probably where most of the damage is, because the undercarriage was caved in, and it stuck out in the trunk of my car. I am most certain that this is the most damaged part of my car for sure. The force of the black Galant caused the frame to not open the rear right passenger door, and the rear left passenger door worked, but you can hear it rub up against the door itself.

The red Neon in front of me had the least damage; one would see the screws that the rear end bumper would cover, so you can probably just unattach then reattach the rear end bumper to cover the screws, or just open the trunk and force it upward.

The lady in the white sedan was nice enough to take her time out of her schedule to serve as a witness and to tell the oncoming cars to switch lanes until the police arrived. She was not needed as a witness, because the driver of the black Galant already admitted that he was at fault and the police confirmed it by asking the three involved in the accident to give their version of the accident. The white girl's friend in the red Neon, a Vietnamese girl, also came to her aid and lent out her own cell phone to let us call whoever we needed to, along with the police. A lady of Middle-Eastern decent also stopped by to see if we needed any help, but everything was under control and we said no. After that, I thanked her for providing her help and she went on her way.

Eventually, the aunt of the black Galant came out to help her nephew, and my sister and mother also came out and helped me out. We all exchanged infomation that we needed for the insurance company, and eventually, the white girl and I started talking to each other about the damage; she seemed extremely knowledgeable with cars, which absolutely rocked and was into cars itself. The Chinese guy seemed nice enough to me, and said that at least nobody was seriously injured in the accident. Later on, the white girl left the scene, because she has all of the information she needed. The Chinese guy left probably thirty minutes later with the tow truck that towed his car. My sister, mother, and I had to wait it out until the tow truck company came out and towed our car. That tow truck eventually came and towed my car, and everybody then left, minus the police officer. I thanked the police officer for his help and told him that his assistance was exceptional in all aspects. Good to see a few badass cops around.

As of right now, I am taking a muscle relaxation drug and Ibuprofen 800mg pills.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:11 PM
dubcac
I

Glad everyone was ok...but that sucks...sorry mang.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:12 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

, that's good that you're alright though mang. They going to total the Civic?

duck squad member #00003
Old 08-30-2003, 01:15 PM
pony2slow

yeah i hate getting rear ended... had my VW for less than amonth before a SUV decided he didnt like the look of the ass end of my car and took it with him when he hit me.. oh well atleast everyone is ok..
Old 08-30-2003, 01:16 PM
jlammy
w00t

Glad you didn't suffer serious injuries

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008
Old 08-30-2003, 01:16 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear man.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:26 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

sucks man, at least your not to bad. thats how i got into my 1st accident also, stupid dumbass stopped at a railroad crossing causing 3 of us to hit :grr:
Old 08-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

no pics huh?

its labor day weekend anyway, stay the **** out the road if you can.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:31 PM
ShaolinLueb

so did the SUV get caught?
Old 08-30-2003, 01:33 PM
SaviouR
The Unknown One

Originally posted by 94civicEX
, that's good that you're alright though mang. They going to total the Civic?
I need to consult the family mechanic (he owns a car shop) and see what is best to do in this situation.