Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Were you made fun of when you were a kid?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 AM
JGordon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really, I was in the 'neutral' camp. Not really popular, not really un-popular.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 AM
cpvdh

cool kid checking in :wavey:
Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
DakarM

constantly. here in the US, back in Korea. all the time. kids will zoom right in on those that are different and well be kids.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally Posted by DakarM
kids will zoom right in on those that are different and well be kids.
Preach on brutha.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I grew facial hair in middle school. No one made fun of me or tried to start a fight.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

eh not really. there were 2 kids in particular that liked to give me a hard time in HS but i grabbed the one by their shirt and gave'm a hard look and the other kid wound up against the wall in one of the secondary hallways.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Never really got picked on except when a senior thought I was putting the moves on his gf (a classmate when I was a freshman). I got punched in the face once (by a gay guy, lol) for making annoying squealing noises with a piece of paper. And I stepped in to other people's "fights" to defend the mentally handicapped kid that everyone loved to pick on.

For my part, I did some not too nice things to this younger kid who I viewed as sort of a friend, but thinking back on the way it went down, I guess I bullied him a bit. Same goes for my quasi-buddy Millard. If I ever bump into either of those guys, I'd like to say sorry, even though I don't think they took it as bullying at the time. But I guess I was kind of a jerk to them.

With my friends, we gave eachother shit and fought a fair amount, but it was all in good fun. With my brother, we got into some pretty damn serious fights and I straight up hated him until I was 18 or so.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Wasn't really made fun of, just got in a lot of fights with mexicans who thought they were badass's.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was the only Asian kid in my elementary school. :af:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

I might have posted this story before, but when around 1st grade thru 3rd grade, there was a biracial Korean/White family with high school age sons. They called me Rotundamo. I was a chubby kid lol. I didn't know what rotund meant and thought they were cool for giving me such a cool nickname.

When I was in 8th grade a 9th grader wanted to beat the hell out of me for no damn reason. I kept avoiding him and he eventually apologized to me for giving me hell at the end of the year.

In 3rd grade I got chased home often from some racist kids who lived 2 blocks from home. They N-worded the hell out of me. I would run for the first postal worker for cover. The postal worker would yell at them and walk me home. That happened almost everyday until we moved back to Santa Monica.

Originally Posted by Nelson
I was the only Asian kid in my elementary school. :af:

I was the only Black male in all grades of elementary school. It wasn't fun. Plus being mixed, I was too Black for some White kids and not Black enough for most Black kids. It made me behave 'invisible'.

Last edited by Chefboiali; 03-11-2011 at 01:36 PM.