Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Rules about saving seats in theaters

Old 05-17-2003, 10:31 PM
integboi220

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well those 7 people can actually be taking a piss?? eatting food? it doesn't matter where the other 7 people are the seats were saved. we saved the spots in line for the rest of our friends.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:35 PM
rick
not noob?

Originally posted by RB
if he was smart enough, he could have used your own logic against you. You said if you want good seats, show up early. Well, it seems he DID show up earlier than the 7 people you were saving seats for.

I woulda been pissed off too. I can see up to about 3, but 7? come on. Let them find their own seats.

Nope that was not my logic. My logic was one or two people show up earlier to save seats for the rest.

I've already said I was only saving 2 seats myself and my gf was saving 3 and my co-worker saving 2.

Mr.Fatbooty: No need to talk to me about culture and I don't need a lecture from an "english" major. I gradudated from college to get away from that.

7 seats common courtesy? inconsiderate? how about waiting in line for nearly an hour before the movie starts?
Old 05-17-2003, 10:36 PM
rick
not noob?

Originally posted by integboi220
well those 7 people can actually be taking a piss?? eatting food? it doesn't matter where the other 7 people are the seats were saved. we saved the spots in line for the rest of our friends.

Yep that was my point and the rest of the group arrived within 5 mins.

Of course there is an easy solution to this, which is to have assigned seat. Just like at a ball game.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:41 PM
TidusBlue
Long Lost Lurker

think of it like this:
You are the 51st person in line for a theater that holds 250 people.... You wait in line for 2 hours to see a movie... when you get into the theater you look all over for a seat, but the 50 people in front of you are saving seats for their friends, so even though you were there 2 hours early, you can't find a seat. You would be pissed off too, you waited in line, tried to find a good seat, but everyone in front of you is saving seats for people that didn't feel like standing in line and are going to show up later.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:43 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rick
Yep that was my point and the rest of the group arrived within 5 mins.

Of course there is an easy solution to this, which is to have assigned seat. Just like at a ball game.
I was just playing devil's advocate. I always complain about stuff like that but I've done it before too.

Anyway, reserved seating would be the worst idea ever. Each person would take 10-15 minutes to chose thier specific seat, holding up lines so bad that it would be rediculous. I've worked ticketmaster before with different events that are reserved seating. you wouldn't BELIEVE how hard it is for 90% of people to make such an easy decision as where to sit at a freaking basketball game.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:45 PM
rick
not noob?

Originally posted by TidusBlue
think of it like this:
You are the 51st person in line for a theater that holds 250 people.... You wait in line for 2 hours to see a movie... when you get into the theater you look all over for a seat, but the 50 people in front of you are saving seats for their friends, so even though you were there 2 hours early, you can't find a seat. You would be pissed off too, you waited in line, tried to find a good seat, but everyone in front of you is saving seats for people that didn't feel like standing in line and are going to show up later.

dude did you read my original post? they had seats!!! in fact right in front of me! so to say that the guy had bad seats is BS! he sat one row in front of me!

and if the first 50 people were saving 200 seats total then the theater oversold the showing! I would be pissed but not at the people saving the seats!

I've watched movies plenty of times in shitty seats. Ever watch Saving Private Ryan in the front row?
Old 05-17-2003, 10:45 PM
TidusBlue
Long Lost Lurker

yes, and it sucked.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:46 PM
TidusBlue
Long Lost Lurker

I just think people should show up and get their own seats, not have someone else get their seats for them.... saving a seat and watching a seat for someone in the bathroom are two different things...
Old 05-17-2003, 10:52 PM
ambition
StillDPG

sooooo if i get to the theater earlier then everyone else i can save the whole theater? rock on!

nope i don't see any broken social/moral rules. as the others said he's prolly some jack off tryin to impress some girl
Old 05-17-2003, 10:56 PM
XSrcing

Originally posted by ambition
sooooo if i get to the theater earlier then everyone else i can save the whole theater? rock on!
think about that. if you and your friends have the tickets to all the seats in the theatre, would you really have to save any?