Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

The Official Matrix Reloaded Thread...

Old 05-15-2003, 10:02 AM
b18cya
uh, no u suck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plus, all the programs have a purpose...even if the program is outdated. his purpose was to protect the matrix & kill neo. even tho his isnt an agent anymore, he is still trying to accopmlish this.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:03 AM
b18cya
uh, no u suck

Originally posted by clickwir
Yea, I think they have that knowledge in real life too, not just in the matrix.
hehe...too bad their muscles & body's are not physically trained...or else they'd be able to fight like that in real life too...
Old 05-15-2003, 10:20 AM
kento

another question: what exactly were neo's two options when he met the architecht? which option did the other 'one's' choose? and did you guys notice that the 13 guys and 7 girls that neo was supposed to choose to begin the new zion was about the same number of people on the zion counsel? and they all seemed pretty eager to see morpheous and neo visit the oracle and do all the prophecy stuff, and that old head counsel guy was explaining to neo the interdependancy of man and machine... i wonder if the counsel knows more about the matrix and their situation than they are letting on...
Old 05-15-2003, 10:23 AM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

Originally posted by rb6teg
Did anyone notice that every single car on the freeway was a GM?
YES! I thought I was the only one!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:23 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

someone mentioned it earlier... his 2 choices were back into the matrix (which he choose) or to go to the source code and rebuild the matrix.

The others choose to goto the source code and rebuild. He didn't. He choose Trinity.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:35 AM
The Beav
i

Originally posted by rb6teg
Did anyone notice that every single car on the freeway was a GM?
i noticed that in the trailers
Old 05-15-2003, 10:36 AM
The Beav
i

Originally posted by White[Pony]
way of speaking... therefore the one where the guy get's copied onto by Smith and then exits the matrix makes him a living, breathing Agent Smith. That's why he wants to kill Neo. just like he wants to in the Matrix. Geez beav... did you seriously watch the movie?
oh good point i didn't think about that, that makes alot of sense now
Old 05-15-2003, 11:19 AM
92akkord
4gee Accord

I saw the movie last night in a sneak preview. I thought it was amazing. TO answer the question about what happend with AGent smith comming back. There is a "Animatrix" movie that explains everything that happened between the matrix and reloaded. it explains how tank dies and what not. It fills the plot holes basicly but its all computer animated and its freaking awesome. You can D/L online just use google and search for "Animatrix"

Im a little confused about something though. All you guys are saying that the preivious "The Ones" choose to go to the source and that neo was the only one to save trinity. But while the architect is talking he mentions that "this will be the 6th time Zion was destroyed." you will be able to pick 22 males and 22 females. so doesnt that mean that tehy didnt go to the source?

My idea of what is going to happen in revolations is either that they are not out of the matrix they just think they are. That the real world is a sort of Matrix in itself. or that the real world really is real and that neo truely is the only "one" and learns to use his powers in the real world. So the plot could possibly go something like neo learns to use his power in the real world. But the agents learn to exit the matrix and use there powers. Thats who the guy that is laying next to neo in the very end is. its the guy that turned into an agent and exited the matrix in neo's dream (which came true)

one more thing. I was discussing this with my friend. We are confused as to wiether Zion was destroyed or not. I remember they said it was a massacur and they only found one survivor. but if all the humans are dead...wheres the movie gonna go. And the part about the machines still digging after zion was destroyed could be that now that the humans are destroyed they need an energy source so they want the core of the earth.

as for glitches the biggest most major one is when the nebakanezza is docked in zion and neo is walking away from the camera the hole in the back of his neck is not there. but that could ALSO have significance as well. Mabye they really arnt out of the matrix

cant wait for november!
Old 05-15-2003, 11:24 AM
Daniel

Originally posted by randomtask77
Call me stupid, but did they ever explain how Agent Smith came back and how he has this ability to multiply?
Smith was expelled from the Program and was no longer an Agent. Remember at the beginning when he sends his radio receiver to Neo and Neo opens it? That was Smith's communication and link to the Program, and it was showing he was no longer involved.

As far as his purpose, I don't think he's still protecting the Matrix. I think he's got other priorities. You need to listen to his monologue in front of Morpheus when he's trying to interrogate him. He says he's sick of the humans, they discuss him, and he wants out of the Matrix. Remember also that Smith pulled out his earpiece when he did this too, symbolizing him temporarily severing his own connection with the Program to allow Morpheus and us to see what he's true intentions are.

It's quite a possibility that the Agent had a live body and was plugged into the Matrix. When he was killed, his body died, but he became a part of the hard code of the system, just like a virus. For example, remember Lawnmower Man? He uploaded his body into the computer systems and was basically a virus. I think this follows the same principle.

Now all Smith needs to figure out is how to get back out of it to complete his goals of freedom. I'm not sure if his transition into Bane was exactly that, or just kind of like an "off-shoot" of Smith. A foray into reality, or what we currently comprehend as reality.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Daniel

Originally posted by 92akkord

Im a little confused about something though. All you guys are saying that the preivious "The Ones" choose to go to the source and that neo was the only one to save trinity. But while the architect is talking he mentions that "this will be the 6th time Zion was destroyed." you will be able to pick 22 males and 22 females. so doesnt that mean that tehy didnt go to the source?
That's 23 males and 7 females I believe. As part of the option in going to source to reset the Matrix, the "One" was tasked to appoint those survivors to help populate the new Zion. Resetting the Matrix = Picking survivors.

one more thing. I was discussing this with my friend. We are confused as to wiether Zion was destroyed or not. I remember they said it was a massacur and they only found one survivor. but if all the humans are dead...wheres the movie gonna go. And the part about the machines still digging after zion was destroyed could be that now that the humans are destroyed they need an energy source so they want the core of the earth.
The battle in question was the few ships sent to fight back against the approaching machines in the sewar intersections. Remember the Commander felt that if they were at those intersections and surprised the advancing machines, they would defeat them. The plan backfired and all but one person, Bane, were killed. When I go see it again, I'm going to have to turn my head so I can get a good look at who that person laying on the other table is and if it's the same guy who got taken over by Smith and who tried to kill Neo with a knife.