Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

The Official Matrix Reloaded Thread...

Old 05-17-2003, 07:21 PM
92akkord
4gee Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think that mountain-GSR could defnitly be on to someohing in his philosophy. great thinking man. the part about neo being able to "link" to smith could definitly explain how he killed the senitals. the other possiblity i think is that he really didnt stop or kill them that it was niobies ship that sent a EMP shockwave just at that moment. i think that because the ship appeared soon after they died. I hope thats not true though i think something along the lines of neo being able to use his powers in the real world is a much better story line.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:10 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, since i had absolutely nothing better to do today, i watched the first movie, and then a couple hours later, watched the second. i just walked in the door after seeing the second (after getting some grub from carl's jr. (hardee's for those of you on the east coast)) and now i'm going to try to make sense of some of it. i may jump back and forth, so stick with me.

first of, i don't see any support for the matrix in the matrix theory. people say it's because of the kid with the spoon, but if you look at the spoons, they're different. the spoon given to neo in reloaded was a real world spoon. it was rough. the one in the first movie was perfectly smooth. so unless there's something else to support it, i have to disagree on that one.

as for niobe dying, that's not her. but it's also not niobe's ship that picks them up at the end either.

neo and smith definitely have a connection. what it is, i'm not sure. but he was saying that he was supposed to leave, but was compelled to stay. i still don't see how them sharing anything would enable neo to zap the machines outside of the matrix. maybe i'm just missing a connection somewhere.

speaking of neo zapping the machines...i think it has more to do with him seeing the architect than it does with smith.

another thing about smith. remember when he goes to place where they're having that meeting. after neo beats up the 3 agents, smith says "it's happening just as before", "not exactly like before" or something to that effect. i feel that when neo jacked up smith, he changed the flow of the matrix. he changed the way it had been done before.

i'm probably way off on most of those points, but oh well. h:

and there was another asian. he was in the big crowd when morpheus was speaking, doing the :rockon: thing when he was done.

and i wanted to point out that the architects name in real life is helmut. that's pretty cool.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:16 PM
TidusBlue
Long Lost Lurker

I agree with you on the spoon thing, it was a different spoon, and the kid he saw in the matrix could have very well have been in zion and wanted neo to remember the beginning of his 'voyage'. Smith always seemed to know exactly what was going on, and where he could meet neo, which further shows the connection, and he also seemed to be setting him up, if you listen to some of the comments, as kaizix pointed out, you would have seen this.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:26 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

it has to be a matrix within a matrix. because if neo had a choice to rebuild zion from going to the door on the right, that makes no sense, if zion is in the "real" world. you should only be able to rebuild something in the matrix, hence the new version, 7 if he did choose that route.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:30 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

the thing about smith wanting to kill neo is most likely cause smith is awaiting deletion but instead is trying to hack other programs.. like neo.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:44 PM
TidusBlue
Long Lost Lurker

rebuilding zion meant that he would get to pick certain people to be awoken from the matrix(just like he was in the first) and tought how the world actually is. If you remember the first one, morpheus talked about the guy that started everything(the 5th 'one', or perhaps the architect)... so he would be rebuilding something in the real world if he chose the right door, but instead he chose the other door...
Old 05-17-2003, 10:45 PM
XSrcing

i think smith is trying to get rid of neo because if neo destroys the matrix, smith will get deleted. if he is deleted, he cannot get what he wants: more power.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:50 PM
HondaHoney
My other car is a PUC

the movie had my attention. the ending would make me want to see the next one even if i didn't like the first two...ugh suspense kills me
Old 05-17-2003, 11:25 PM
wushu_civic

there were also some asians in the group of people offering neo some food when he and trinity got off of the elevator inside zion. i think the biggest proof for a possible matrix inside a matrix is that when there was the meeting between all of the captains inside the matrix and neo sort of felt the presence of agents, then when he stopped the sentinels outside of the matrix, he said he could feel them. regardless of if he is the one inside the matrix or not, he is still a regular human on the outside, there is no other way he could stop them if they weren't still inside the matrix. remember that in the first movie morpheus told neo about how the one could remake the matrix, he never said anything about the real world. and i also think a huge thing we have to consider is that the oracle was bullshitting with them the entire time just so the matrix would work properly. who knows what is really going on since she and the architect were just doing this so the matrix would work properly. and i still think that the lipstick that persephone put on before she kissed neo has something to do with all of this. why else would they have the whole i can make a program to make this girl suck my weiner crap from the frenchy mob dude. another thing don't get is this, if neo could remake the source, couldn't he change what was going to happen to trinity i.e. put a giant pillow to protect her from the fall, and also he could erase all the agents. and also, if smith was no longer a part of the matrix why did the machines spare the body of the human that smith entered, wouldn't they kill him also to get rid of him?...wow, long post...sorry
Old 05-17-2003, 11:43 PM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Originally posted by thewretchedbeaver
i was talking about people not machines, as in people that were freed, machine programs don't count, i was thinking about why their weren't any asian HUMANS, niobi's right hand man looks more italian than asian (and yes i have teh game too)
ahhh, so that explains why his last name is Wong, or some such asian name... :eh: