Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Jiffy Lube rumors, some are infact true...Comments from an insider.

Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 AM
greennv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jiffy Lube rumors, some are infact true...Comments from an insider.

Here's the deal with jiffy lube. Yes some rumors are true concerning not draining oil or not changing filter. In fact, a store in lynchburg, va has blown up 3 or 4 motors in the last 9 months, one on a 2001 chevy silverado 1500, another on an escalade with a 6.0 vortech motor, not cheap. $25,000 they have paid out to customers so far. Jiffy lube will take any means possible to cover their ass, but in fact it's not the employees' fault, it's upper management.... I am, soon to be former employee for Jiffy Lube International, Virginia Group. This company starts their employees out at $6.50 an hour, and promises a evaluation wiht raise every 6 months. I have yet to see my evaluation. This is 2 months over-due. I am in the process of filing an EEOC complaint under the Equal Pay and Compensation act. Our employees work in semi-harsh working conditions, hazards, burns, spills, toxic fumes, no air conditioning, etc....Not only is this a violation but this store has not posted the Federal Minimum Wage poster, nor the EEOC posters in an obvious place, instead it is in the management office where employees are not allowed. Virginia Lube INC., owes me almost 3 months in back pay. I know my shit when it comes to cars, and my customers. I am a salesman for this company, so when i leave i am taking my customers with me. They will be hurting after that. I am thinking about becoming the regional manager for the Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Centers. Jiffy Lube is a cheap company, Service Pro filters, wiper blades. The only thing good about that company is Penzoil Platinum.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:04 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

That's why you watch them change it out.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Grifter

lemme get this straight:
instead of striking or filing a lawsuit you guys decide take it out on the customer? this is why foreign countries talk about american business and work ethics

regardless, i do as much as i can on my car
Old 05-22-2005, 09:16 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

there was a guy in the accord forum who said that they didnt even put the airfilter back in the box when the customer wanted it changed.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:46 AM
canada

Shell Rapid Change is what I use
Old 05-22-2005, 09:48 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

There is one across the street from my University and there's a guy who drives a Primer Black CRX with some bullshit 18s and "dual" exhaust.

Anyways, I pulled up one day after class because I wasn't going back to East End (my hometown, where my trusted mechanic is) until after 5PM and I was at about 5,200 miles (I try to do it every 5) so I popped in. I'm GUESSING the kid in the CRX came out because he was like "Woah nice Honda, you got a turbo or nitrous? You want to race me man?"

I promptly put it in reverse and slid the fuck out of there.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:04 AM
FATHONDA

Default had to reply

Jiffy Lube. two of the most evil words on the planet. It is the employees, not the pay and it is the managers not overseeing the process. If you cannot do a oil change correct dont touch a car, simple.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:54 AM
ED9man
driver

I change my own, or if I couldn't I'd bring it to a local gas station or dealership and have them do it. I see filter wrenches on the road right by where our local Jiffy Lube is once in awhile. :chuckles:
Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

My dad once decided to take a truck to jiffy lube for a quick tranny oil change. They drained the oil, but never put oil back in... One burnt transmission and 3 weeks of arguing later, they finally comp'ed him for their destroyed transmission...
Old 05-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Tobra

I went to Jiffy Lube twice. Once, about 20 years ago in the bug, they overfilled it, but I checked before I left and made them do it right while I watched. Once in the Wife's Montero Sport. They put 3 of the 6 bolts back for the skid plates, which I noticed a few days later. When I went in, the Manager says they have no record of my ever having been there. I go back out to the truck and get the receipt and he finds it on his computer immediately. He then advises me to go to the Mitsu dealer, buy the bolts and they will reimburse me. I say, no, you send one of your boys over there to get the bolts and washers, call me at my office when you have them in a few days, and I will come get them. It is the whole company, top down, that sucks.