Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Damn Those Pigs......

Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM
claudio12472

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Those Pigs......

Guys, I got pulled over this morning in my 89 Civic LX with a B16A1 swap. But this cop hit me with:
1. Speeding 76 in a 55
2. Unsafe passing
3. Reckless Driving

Now this cop has been know to be a profiler. And Everyone i came into contact with has been ticketed by this monger in a uniform. This is what happened, I was driving along on my way to work and this sentra in front of me was going like 40 in a 55 so i decided i have the power, why not use it. Well as soon as i signaled into the right lane he floors it. and i pulled in right at the end of the stripped line. And 50 feet away is a bend where a car and a cop were coming. Now can he push the ticket for speeding. He was the uncoming traffic, and had no clear shot of me to laser tag my ass. And the reckless driving, was probably written cuz of the unsafe passing.

so any tips on how to beat this cop?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Tankard

Only advice i can give is go to your local library. I got a book called "Beat your ticket, go to court and win". I got cited for 80 in a 55 early in the morning at about 5 am. He was not visible for at least 500 feet. He was in a church parking lot with his lights out. One state code says that a stationary speed detection device by the county and or police(not state trooper) has to be visible for at least 500 feet. I went to court on the day on the ticket. I told the judge why i was there. He made me pay the ticket, but said it will not go on my record. That's all i really wanted. I was happy but still had to pay 300 plus bucks, i think it was. If you decide to take it to court instead of just paying it, good luck. It takes a lot of time and research, plus the time it takes actually going to court, but it was worth it for me. If you can't find anything the offcer did wrong, then you may as well pay it instead of wasting your time. I also invested in a very nice radar/laser detector and have never driven without it since. Very good investment if your on the road a lot.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:05 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

In most states...regular cops can not clock you while they are driving, they have to be parked and visible...State Troopers can clock you while driving or sitting still...I know for sure that is how it goes here in memphis .... Might be the same for you..

Chris C.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:48 AM
gingas

Only thing I can suggest is go to court because 9 of 10 chances cop won't show up. Either way you'll have to pay something you just don't want the points. Don't just pay ticket & admit your guilt. At least when you go to court you know you're guilty but usually cop doesn't show up & judge have you pay court cost. Post what happen after you go to court. Good Luck & be more careful in the future
Old 03-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

cops can pace you, clock you while driving, even the other way, they always show up to court, the judges trust anything they say. your screwed.

I've had over 20 tickets for all kinds of things and only ever beaten 4 of them or so. I've also had about 20 points or so, and now i only have 5. I have taken the safety driving course on my own 4 times. Once every 2 years, and it takes off 5 points. I say take that before court and plead no contest which means guilty with an explanation.

If the court makes you take the course, you dont lose any points. the wreakless is 6 points alone. if you take the course at the end of it all you only gain 1 point.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by Illegal B16

I've had over 20 tickets for all kinds of things and only ever beaten 4 of them or so.
Holy poop. Your insurance must be through the roof. You've still got your license?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
VPUPPY

i would look into getting a traffic lawyer. here in FL, its a big thing. most of the lawyers are friends with the procecution and judges so they can do a lot more than you going. it will save you time and effort. the usually charge around 80-100 for speeding tickets and they take care of it for you. they can bend the law in your favor if they are good. i have taken a ticket to court once and whatched all the lawyers talk and get their cases taken care of before anyone else in the court room. i really recommend this.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
axemansean

21 over the limit, yes damn those cops. If I was the cop I would have ripped your license and shoved it down your throat. Cops don't profile, its just the vast majority of smart ass kids driving imports think they are some kind of gangster. You know I know a lot of people with imports, loud exhausts and the whole nine yards but they seem to have no problem with the law. Maybe its because they obey the freaking law.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by axemansean
21 over the limit, yes damn those cops. If I was the cop I would have ripped your license and shoved it down your throat. Cops don't profile, its just the vast majority of smart ass kids driving imports think they are some kind of gangster. You know I know a lot of people with imports, loud exhausts and the whole nine yards but they seem to have no problem with the law. Maybe its because they obey the freaking law.

The guy said that the person he passed was only going 40mph in a 55. He said he punched it (the person he was attempting to pass) when he attempted to pass which i've had done to me numerous times by assholes. I'm polite and actually slow down when i see somebody passing me on a two lane road.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:52 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by Tankard
The guy said that the person he passed was only going 40mph in a 55. He said he punched it (the person he was attempting to pass) when he attempted to pass which i've had done to me numerous times by assholes. I'm polite and actually slow down when i see somebody passing me on a two lane road.
No see this is how it happened...

He saw a car, decided to be all FATF and downshifted and gassed it. Didn't realize there was a cop sitting around the bend and got busted. Hard acceleration will get you a ticket, don't you people read the little handbook they give you during driver's ed.