Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Stupid Wisconsin finals, stupid Ohio snow storm, stupid Maryland emissions!

Old 12-22-2004, 07:52 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Wisconsin finals, stupid Ohio snow storm, stupid Maryland emissions!

Yes, there is in fact an eastward flow of stupidity in this thread.

First off, my school's finals schedule stretches all the way out until Dec 23. Yes, the day before xmas eve. And of course, my last final is on that day. So I'm stuck here until then.

I had been planning on driving home for break on Friday. Christmas eve day. But, my route takes me through Ohio and apparently there's a massive snow storm happening there right now and it's expected to dump like a foot. Who knows when the route home will be clear.

Then the plan shifted to possibly flying home. But...one of the reasons I was driving home, aside from the fact that it'd be nice to have my car with me rather than fight over my parents' two cars with my parents and my little brother, was that my car is due for an emissions inspection by January 14. The MVA (Maryland's version of every other state's DMV) website has an option for extending the inspection deadline. So I went online to do that, but it said that since I had already extended my deadline once, I have to call some 800 number.

This cascades into my ticket booking situation. I don't necessarily want to commit to flying home until I know that I can for sure extend the emissions inspection. But I went on travelocity and it was showing that most of the nice, affordable flights for friday (who the hell would think you could get a decent price three days before christmas on a flight on christmas eve?) have like two seats remaining on them. So now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to call the MVA and find out about the emissions thing, to see if I can book a flight, and then who knows what. Plus I won't have my car at home with me for break which would kinda suck.

Ugh. Curse you, cascading wave of stupidity!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet you knew about the classes lasting to the day before xmas before this last week. I also bet you knew your final was going to be on that date.

Poor planning on your part does not constitute a failure on their part
Old 12-22-2004, 08:00 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

10 inches of snow as of right now. another 10-12 inches expected tonight,..i hate snow with a passion,...this is one of the biggest snow storms i can even remember getting,..we are setting a record for Dayton for snow fall in a 24 hour period (which was set at 12.9 inches of snow in 1978),...good thing i put the hatches away for the winter yesterday,..i wont even let the wife drive,..i drove her to work this morning and i left the shop to pick her up,..its nucking futts out there
Old 12-22-2004, 08:00 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by Nightshade
I bet you knew about the classes lasting to the day before xmas before this last week. I also bet you knew your final was going to be on that date.

Poor planning on your part does not constitute a failure on their part
Of course I knew about the test before now. The only thing I didn't know about was the freaking snow storm that's going to drop a foot of snow directly on the roads I was planning to traverse.

Last edited by MrFatbooty; 12-22-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by WideBodyEK
10 inches of snow as of right now. another 10-12 inches expected tonight,..i hate snow with a passion,...this is one of the biggest snow storms i can even remember getting,..we are setting a record for Dayton for snow fall in a 24 hour period (which was set at 12.9 inches of snow in 1978),...good thing i put the hatches away for the winter yesterday,..i wont even let the wife drive,..i drove her to work this morning and i left the shop to pick her up,..its nucking futts out there
How close are you to the Ohio turnpike? You can keep me updated on road conditions.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:02 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

2 far to keep you updated
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

i'm dieing for some snow. i have 4x4, i can't be stopped.
-----
Old 12-22-2004, 11:17 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

damn, u confuse me with your intense vocabulary.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:27 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

New development: I called the MVA and was able to get the deadline for emissions extended until May 11. That's still not through the end of the school year, but it at least covers me for a while. To extend the deadline beyond then I have to do something like fill out some form and have my "school's security officer" sign off that I am in fact a student. The person on the phone was an idiot too, I had to ask three times what the hell the date was. The first time she just kinda mumbled, "your deadline has been extended to fiveleven." Huh? I asked her again what the date was and she just says "five." What the hell is that supposed to mean? I asked what the exact month and day is my new deadline and she finally says "May eleven."

It would seem wedley is not the only person mystified by the English language.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:24 AM
BonzoAPD

wait an extra day and then drive home. You're Jewish so what do you care if you are home by Christmas Day? :dunno: Stay at school an extra day if the roads are bad and then drive home. This way you get your car inspected and you still have your car at home to use during the vacation instead of being held at your parents mercy for usage of a vehicle.