Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Stupid Wisconsin finals, stupid Ohio snow storm, stupid Maryland emissions!

Old 12-23-2004, 06:32 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too late, flight's already booked. And if I wait it's gonna snow here in Madison. There's no window in the next few forseeable days. I got the emissions deadline pushed back (reading comprehension > yu0) so that's no worry. It's just too much of a hassle trying to find a day in the dead of winter where an entire 800 mile stretch of the country is not being snowed on or been snowed on recently. Now if my winter break had started a little earlier it would have been no problem making a dash before snow happened, but now it's not worth the risk of getting stuck in bumf*ck off the Indiana, Ohio or Pennsylvania turnpikes. The two cars thing ain't so bad anyway. My brother's girlfriend who he met at Tulane but just so happens to be from Maryland has a car of her own so she can drive his ass around. My dad works from home, and my mom just drives my sister places every once in a while. I think I can make do for a whopping three weeks without my car. Besides, this way it gets to stay in its nice comfy garage at my apartment here in Wisconsin rather than stay parked out in front of my parents' house exposed to the elements and *ghasp* getting snowed on.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Tobra

Snow can be sort of hard on soft tops, I like having mine indoors, vinyl does not like frost. Better to wait it out, or suffer through weeks of Wisconsin in Winter :a: Whats up, you got a shicksa waiting in MD for her Christmas bling or something?
Old 12-23-2004, 07:33 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

It's spelled shikse, and no, she's not waiting for any bling. I just want to get the hell outta Wisconsin. Driving doesn't look to be feasible anytime soon, so I'm on a 7:15 AM flight on Saturday morning. And of course my parents don't mind picking me up from the airport on christmas day, because we're Jewish. Oh and there is the little detail of the family ski trip which I wouldn't necessarily mind going on.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:20 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

If I might be so bold... the key to avoiding this mess was to take that last final early (if possible). h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:05 PM
G-M-W

ya theres like 2 ft of snow up by the turnpike
Old 12-23-2004, 12:28 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
If I might be so bold... the key to avoiding this mess was to take that last final early (if possible). h:
Not possible.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Not possible.
h: Naturally...

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:06 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

It's really no big deal. While yesterday this was all a fustercluck, today it is sorted out. I can push back the emissions inspection indefinitely--it's just a matter of making phone calls rather than doing it through the website--and I already have a flight booked. So I shall be home no problem. In fact I probably should have just planned to fly home to start with.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Oh and there is the little detail of the family ski trip which I wouldn't necessarily mind going on.
Score!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:47 PM
b00gers

Fatbooty and Norcal should have a vocabulary fight. h: