Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

How fast is a stock GSR? vs. Other VTECS?

Old 12-03-2004, 10:15 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most magazines have times posted for their instrumented testing of various cars. If you want real numbers, stock to stock, I'd start there.

The rest of the discussion is subjective and ultimately, pointless.
We all know that properly desgined aftermarket parts can improve a car's performance. If the parts didn't work, the industry wouldn't be as immense as it is today.

One last point:
The acronym for the valvetrain of which we speak so highly is spelled VTEC.
Not VTECH.
That is all.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:20 AM
tonto0808

my bad on the spelling i always do that, i have my head up my ass and am alwaysthinking about the word technology
Old 12-03-2004, 11:31 AM
OilCanBoyd

Sorry I ment to write Accord Coupe V6. Not Civic.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:38 AM
OilCanBoyd

Thanks for all the info guys. I test drove an LS 5 speed once and thought it was a bit quicker off the line. But then there is the VTEC . I'm happy with the GSR but I would like to make it a bit quicker. As I said right now it is stock so I have alot to work with. I'm not looking to do anything to crazy but maybe an air intake. I was also thining about headers because my car makes the 2500 RPM A pipe noise and it is a bit annoying. Has any one ever tried the Accord coupe V6? Is it quick?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:31 PM
neeman77

haha vtech...i sell those phones at radioshack they suck
Old 12-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Unlimitation
Destiny SeekerZ

Originally Posted by OilCanBoyd
Thanks for all the info guys. I test drove an LS 5 speed once and thought it was a bit quicker off the line. But then there is the VTEC . I'm happy with the GSR but I would like to make it a bit quicker. As I said right now it is stock so I have alot to work with. I'm not looking to do anything to crazy but maybe an air intake. I was also thining about headers because my car makes the 2500 RPM A pipe noise and it is a bit annoying. Has any one ever tried the Accord coupe V6? Is it quick?
The new 04-05 Accord V6 is a real sleeper imo. I heard it runs high 14s

The 6 - Speed of course.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:17 PM
HaHAAHhAHHAH
Banned

Originally Posted by integravtec96
my 96 GSR will keep up or beat any honda out there...even the preludes and newer SI's are nothing..the only honda's out there that mine won't hold up against are the RSX Type S, Teg Type R, S2000 and NSX's..but since ur excluding the S2000 and NSX..there r only two other hondas that are faster stock than a GSR..not too sure bout the newer Acura models tho, like the TSX, TL and RL..and by the way, all i have on my GSR is intake and exhaust.

an accord V6 would do you too...especially the 7th gen 6speed
Old 12-04-2004, 03:01 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

What does this really have to do with the Integra?
I'm tempted to kick this thread down to The Basement..

Hmmm.. should I?

:rick:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:13 PM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
What does this really have to do with the Integra?
I'm tempted to kick this thread down to The Basement..

Hmmm.. should I?

:rick:
i think it belongs here because he wanted to know where his current GSR ranked among other cars in the Honda/Acura "tuner" family. and now he wants to know what would be some good ideas for moding his car. thats what ive gathered so far.

anywho, there are a million and 1 ways to go about modding that GSR of yours, and it all depends on what you want in the end. ie: all motor, turbo, supercharged, running it on nitros. and with each of those combonations there are even more combonations to go with intakes,exhausts, internals and yadda yadda yadda. best bet is to pick what you want it to be in the end. then research which parts/accessories would go best with each of those. me i plan on going all motor with my 01 GS since i dont plan on ever seriously racing but more of a 2-3 times a month recreation racing (1/4 mile). so ill just be upgrading things like exhaust,intake,header,internals and some minor suspension mods, unlike most of the enthusiast racing HAN members who do autocrossing and have major suspension upgrades and things of that nature.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by MahoneyL80
i think it belongs here because he wanted to know where his current GSR ranked among other cars in the Honda/Acura "tuner" family.
But if you post this in the Integra forum, the consensus is that it is fastest, whereas if you post this same post in the Prelude forum, they will say the prelude is faster. It is kind of bias and doesn't really offer the truth.