Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

2004 NORCAL MEET...MAY 23rd |sign in|

Old 05-13-2004, 05:27 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WiLL
i dont have a grill h:

i dont mind the resturant. but lets try to keep it low budget h:
I feel you on that one. :happysad: I don't think it'll be too much of a problem in Sonoma County.

My grill is so decrepit it'd fall apart halfway to San Rafael, never mind Hwy 37....

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-14-2004, 10:09 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

im down for sears points. ive always wanted to go to one of those events. as for the propane grills :dunno:

"Propane and Propane accessories."
Old 05-14-2004, 01:50 PM
kid018
In the depths of my mind

meh......whatever you guys decide on....let me know. I'm almost down for anything.

I'd rather go speedring than sears point....it's gonna be hot as a mofo out there....:-\
Old 05-15-2004, 06:03 AM
lil_1_2002

haha yea i'm still lost on whats going on, but i'm gonna try my hardest to go. I"m even giving up my saturday night to study for finals so i can kick it sunday! =)
Old 05-15-2004, 04:10 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Since people are being non-committal about SpeedRing for some reason... :dunno: I am under the impression that the majority of those interested in a meet are plannig to meet at Sears Point AKA Infineon Raceway.

Furthermore, am I correct in thinking that I need to find a decent restaurant for dinner?

Talk to me, people....this sound good?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-15-2004, 08:45 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
Since people are being non-committal about SpeedRing for some reason... :dunno: I am under the impression that the majority of those interested in a meet are plannig to meet at Sears Point AKA Infineon Raceway.

Furthermore, am I correct in thinking that I need to find a decent restaurant for dinner?

Talk to me, people....this sound good?

maybe we should meet in a central place and caravan to sears point. because i dont know the way h:

and if by "decent" you mean "pleasantly priced", then yes. h: (thats if no one has a propane grill)

can someone get the info for the 23rd event there? like parking cost, admission?...
Old 05-15-2004, 09:05 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

maybe we should meet in a central place and caravan to sears point. because i dont know the way h:

and if by "decent" you mean "pleasantly priced", then yes. h: (thats if no one has a propane grill)

can someone get the info for the 23rd event there? like parking cost, admission?...
:werd: I agree about meeting up in the East Bay in the morning... How about convening at teh Berkeley Marina? [We can work backwards to determine a time.]

Re: Restaurant. Yes. Decent as in good food at a good price...again presuming we can't procure a grill between now and then...[keep an eye on craigslist..:chuckles:]

Admission and other general info should be available at www.infineonraceway.com [what race series was this again...?]

Old 05-15-2004, 09:39 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

:werd: I agree about meeting up in the East Bay in the morning... How about convening at teh Berkeley Marina? [We can work backwards to determine a time.]

Re: Restaurant. Yes. Decent as in good food at a good price...again presuming we can't procure a grill between now and then...[keep an eye on craigslist..:chuckles:]

Admission and other general info should be available at www.infineonraceway.com [what race series was this again...?]

it is not a race. more like a HPDE. (high performance driver education) ...basically run the track and learn to drive, rather than racing others.

but for some reason two bay area shops are throwing a show at this event. One of them being the official Spoon Sports distributor who will be bringing the official Spoon Sports Accord R (Acura TSX) on the track.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:44 PM
b00gers

along with the HPDE there is also a drift competition, correct? the site also dont give the price (if any) for admission. even the rep i talked to wasnt sure on the spectator price. :thinking:
Old 05-15-2004, 09:48 PM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

The HPDE is a NASA event. Here is info on what doood's talking about:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/news/nasa_spoon.html

There will also be a drift competition held by U.S. Drift. I don't know what the deal is with this but for those of you who are into drifting, registration for that event is still open. 40 entries, $1000 purse:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=129

Here's more info from www.nasaproracing.com:
May 23rd: Infineon Raceway (HPDE Only & Drifting!)
High Performance Driving Event for street or race cars! This is a Sunday only event for HPDErs! Maximum track time for a rock bottom low entry fee of $149! You can't get any better than this! Sign up for it all here!

This is also a US Drift practice day and is open to all NASA members for only $49. Drifting is the latest craze to spring up. Imagine being encouraged to see just how sideway you can get. This is great car control practice for the beginner as well as a blast for everyone! This event will be run in the paddock to maximize safety. There will be a driver's meeting at 9am. It is limited in space and will be run all day to maximize seat time! NASA is organizing this and running so you can be assured of a quality event. Sign up for it all here!
I'm still not sure how much it is to go, but count on $10, just in case...

Quick Reply: 2004 NORCAL MEET...MAY 23rd |sign in|