Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Well, my car is messed up again...

Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
AdtCivicSi
ZBUTSAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, my car is messed up again...

just got my car back last week from RLZEngineering

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...hreadid=112017

after a shitty 4-month long hiatus, and last night when I got in my car, I cranked it up but when I released the clutch the engine shut off. Tried again, same result. Cranked it up, put it in gear, rode the hell out of the clutch, the car reluctantly moved about three feet and the clutch started to stink so I shut it off (by releasing the clutch all the way). Called RLZ in the morning and he tells me its my pressure plate, that it didn't look right when he reinstalled it, but he thought that it was normal (sounds kind of shady ). Then I called Hondaworks and asked their opinion, and they agreed that it was the clutch, although they think that its one of the springs from the clutch disc that is messed up. They confirmed that there is "definitly something wrong with the clutch" and not the transmission when they came to pick the car up.

Anyway, I'm still financially recovering from the engine rebuild, but hopefully I'll pull some money out of my ass to get this problem fixed quickly.

my engine is kicking ass though...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:42 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

umm your mechanic said "it didnt look right but i thought it was normal" ? fuck that,..on my customers cars, when i work on them, if something doesnt "look right" i will work with it till it is RIGHT
Old 12-10-2003, 09:48 PM
AdtCivicSi
ZBUTSAM

that's how this guy was about everything else...
i don't know why he didn't tell me about the pressure plate. the guy doesn't seem like a crook.

it really bothers me, but what can i do?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:51 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

what you can do is not take it back to that shop
Old 12-10-2003, 09:52 PM
dubcac
I

Sounds like a clutch spring popped out.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:26 PM
sick79

Originally posted by AdtCivicSi
the guy doesn't seem like a crook.
the good ones usually dont.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:21 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by dubster99
Sounds like a clutch spring popped out.
I thought the same thing.

And I agree with everyone else, avoid this guy and his shop like the plague. When I do work on my friends cars I don't finish until everything is 100%... no matter how long it takes me. I can't imagine telling someone "Well, it SHOULD be right."
Old 12-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Black2KGSR

Damn man. Well, at least it wasn't your engine!
As for the guy at RLZ, his job was just to rebuild the engine...the pressure plate and clutch were the ones already in the car before, so I guess he figured since they'd been working all along that they'd be fine.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:29 PM
dubcac
I

Originally posted by Black2000GSR
Damn man. Well, at least it wasn't your engine!
As for the guy at RLZ, his job was just to rebuild the engine...the pressure plate and clutch were the ones already in the car before, so I guess he figured since they'd been working all along that they'd be fine.
:werd:

It was his job to do the engine work, not clutch work.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:13 PM
AdtCivicSi
ZBUTSAM

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

The guys at Hondaworks took out my transmission to look at my clutch. They said it looked fine so they removed the tranny case to see exactly what was wrong. Inside they found some burned-ass oil and a lot of metal shavings from my 5th gear. Apparently the 1st shop had not put some clip on right. The damage was so great that they told me it would be cheaper to install a new tranny. They also said that it was a quart low on oil. I wasn't too worried at this point, but then I called Speed Innovations. (I had my facts wrong, RLZEngineering is a good company, and Brad is probably the best headworker in the nation. He is affiliated with Speed Innovations, the company that rebuilt my engine and installed my quaife. They are the ones I have beef with.) Speed Innovations told me that because someone else opened my tranny, they wouldn't pay for any parts, but labor would be free. I told them THAT WAS BULLSHIT. I haven't had my car for a week, and already something ****ed up. Just because someone else diagnosed it doesn't mean that they were no longer liable for any damage they inhibited. He did not agree and told me that he would not work behind someone else, not knowing what that person is capable of mechanically. I asked him "What, do you think someone swapped in all these ****ed up parts or something?" He said that it was possible and that "it happens all the time."

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

One of the guys at Hondaworks used to work with this guy, and is going to call him in the morning to talk with him. Hopefully, the bullshit will cease, but I'm not so sure. Anyway, I want to thank the guys at Hondaworks for all the help they are giving me. These guys are legit and that is where I will be taking my car from now on.

Oh, btw, the clutch components are in fine working order.