Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3

Old 11-26-2003, 01:18 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by evolution

OVERALL
For $30 CDN or $20 US you can't go wrong with this game. If you're on this board it means you like cars so if you have a PS2 it's a must buy. I think this will last me 100 hours of fun and will save $$$ in long-run by having me stay at home. :thumbup:
ive heard a couple people say even though this game just came out,..its only going for 20 bucks (US),..is this true?
Old 11-26-2003, 01:21 AM
EliteAccord
Banned

Originally posted by WideBodyEK
ive heard a couple people say even though this game just came out,..its only going for 20 bucks (US),..is this true?
:yes: its $20

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239782.asp
Old 11-26-2003, 01:22 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by EliteAccord
:yes: its $20

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239782.asp
:awais: fuck this NFSU bullshit,..im gonna go trade in it for TXR3 tomorrow,..thanks chris :thumbup:
Old 11-26-2003, 01:25 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

That's correct. $20 US.

This game is so fun. I just discovered a few more things:

If you have a turbo car, you can raise the boost during the race. This gives your car more power but the water temp and oil temp go up depending on what level you set the extra boost at and how long you use it. I've had my water temp up to 145 and oil in the 100s. Black smoke was coming out of my car. :chuckles: It's all fixed everytime you go to your home garage or pit stop for free so no worries. I only use boost against bosses.

You also have the option of changing tires depending on the weather. I learned the hard way summer radials on a rwd s15 suck in the rain. For the rain you use grippier tires. The sensation of rain and smacking and flowing back on your windshield is really cool.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:34 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by evolution
That's correct. $20 US.

This game is so fun. I just discovered a few more things:

If you have a turbo car, you can raise the boost during the race.
can you actually raise the boost "during" the race because i know in Zero,..you could only change it while cruising,..not while you are racing someone (you can also change it while in the garage too)
Old 11-26-2003, 01:39 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

can you actually raise the boost "during" the race because i know in Zero,..you could only change it while cruising,..not while you are racing someone (you can also change it while in the garage too)
Yeah you raise it while racing. Press select.

The system this time is a lot better. Before you just saw a regular HP gain. This time there is no # that shows you your boost gain, you just 'feel' it in the races and have to watch your other guages to make sure your car doesn't EXPLODE!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:42 AM
w1ngzer0

My friend hated the fact he couldn't get his R34 past 320 km/h and the stupid bug and corvette would get 15km/h faster oh the rx-7 would also get 15km/h faster. It was something like 320km/h it was like limited.

I like the controlls honestly. Graphics are good with s-video or higher but how the cars are made are a little funny they look like there kinda floaty or bigger then what they are. Another thing about this game is if you don't drift a lot of the corners your going to lose cause the computer will crash into the wall or 2 just to beat you.

Well i picked my 180sx :thumbup: my friend didn't like the fact i picked the simple body design and not the nasty ricey one.

reason for not having honda in the game for you guys that didn't know they couldn't get liscencing from honda. Honda said nope aint going to happen.

Kinda gets easy doing 300+ after a while. Rain is major fun. Snow sux ass.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:44 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

SWEET THERE IS SNOW???!!!

Damn, I should have played 01 more in the summer....
Old 11-26-2003, 01:45 AM
w1ngzer0

im talking about the new one for ps2 that isn't in america.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:48 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Originally posted by w1ngzer0
im talking about the new one for ps2 that isn't in america.
What is the name? I was not aware a new one was out.

I know 01 came out this summer in Japan. I also got that one and it is same as the US market Tokyo 3.