Notices

Solid racing control arm bushings for EF (crx and civic)

Old 07-04-2003, 08:37 PM
JinMTVT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid racing control arm bushings for EF (crx and civic)

Just thought that some of you migh be interested in my new products as i know that alot of upper control arms on the EF serie are worn out by time..

the rubber gets all burn out and fatigue..
you then loose camber control even more, and u get shitt driver feeling on the steering
hehe

so what about completly solid bushings?
spherical bearings are nice, but expensive and hard to install

( must solder into control arm ..when ball joint is done u need to start over )

Also when lowerin a car, with stocl rubber bushings
you need to "reset" the bushings position because the sleeves were tighten at a specific angle

not lot of people know about that....
first it makes the car feel wrong becasue the bsuhings are at their limit of working range
then they worn out alot faster ( usually within months if already old)

our alternative is a solid, self lubricated bushing, that performs like a spherical bearin, without the installation and maintenance required ..

it installs similar to a poly bushing but it outperforms by controlling perfectly suspension movements on only 1 axis!

u get less unwanted suspension movements on starts, better camber control ( usually gain 0.5 degree approx)
resulting in less tire wear
better feeling of driver
quicker response of the car

neway please have a look at our website:

http://www.orijinmotorsports.com

i wanted to start this thread to let members know that we are working our ass to deliver top quality products that aren't avaible anywhere else, at a reasonnable price

i would like to start a discussion ( and not a sale thread)
on my solid bushings..
if you have any comments, ideasor questions please ask them here or in our sponsor forum!
( but keep this thread CRX/EF/CIVIC oriented please! )

thanks for your interest !
Old 07-05-2003, 06:04 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Sounds interesting, but if you get camber kits for the front it eliminates the need for those bushings. I might have to give them a try, though. I would rather use adjustable ball joints to adjust camber than the kits I have now.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 AM
JinMTVT

yes indeed..

if you use adjustable bushings for camber correction you lose the possibility to run solid controlled bushings
most of them are still in poly or rubber so you don't eliminate any problem ..and the camber correction range is not really interesting usually..

if you can ( not sure if there is some camber adjustable complete control arm a la skunk for EFs ) the skunk style or ball joint type adjusting camber kit is of better quality to what i've tried

on the EF serie my bushings seems to make a more pronounced enhancement than on all other hondas i've tried them on.
i still don't understand why, maybe it's the different geometry that makes the solid uca more important, maybe it's the steering components that benefits more of the control.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:09 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Yeah, my camber kits are all metal, but I bought them way back in the day when that was the only kit I could find for my car for camber adjustment. My techs can't stand them, and tell me all the time to get adjustable ball joints instead. One of these days when I have time I am probably going to do it, and I may just have to look into your bushings. All the rest of the bushings on my car have been replaced, so might as well finish it off.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:55 AM
JinMTVT

sure thing!
they are all metal? well it's not that bad if properly designed.
but i guess it's a pita to adjust compare to ball joint adjustments..

well if our spherical bearing conversion kit is out i guess that it would also interest you ..
Old 07-05-2003, 09:57 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Well they are good handling wise, but like you said, they are a PITA to adjust unless you have their "special" tool (which of course you have to buy seperately) or you are willing to grind down a perfectly good wrench so it is half the thickness it was. That makes it pretty useless for anything else and they end up breaking anyway from the grinding. Do you have anything out or in the works for the front crossmember bushings where the tension rods bolt into it? Those things piss me off too.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:34 AM
JinMTVT

you are talking about the radius rod bushings? that go in V on the front crossmember..

i didnt plan anything special, thought about it a few times..
i think that there are already 2-3 companies out there that actually makes Spherical bearing for the radius ros bushings of EF chassis...

check out opmmotorsports
i think they have one..
( they also sell the same "type" of solid bushings that i do..but for 10-15$USD more and they are made out of delrin wich costs 4 times less than my material )
Old 07-05-2003, 12:17 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Oh yeah! OPM! They are only like a half an hour from me.h:
Old 07-05-2003, 07:12 PM
4thgen91EFhatch

so we get this product for 76 bucks?...also can you post a pic of exactly everything that's in the package or whatever?...or is that on the site?...sorry, i feel like a tard askin these questions... see ya
Old 07-06-2003, 07:27 AM
JinMTVT

have you guys actually VISIT my website?
ahahahaha

here is a picture of the EF kit ..

i dind't really wanted to talk price in this particular thread..
but since you asked..

for HA.net members the price is 75.00$USD + shipping
( 13.00$USD for 3-5 days express shipping)

( if this is innapropriate for this forum please let me konw i'll remove the price quote )