Notices

AEM V2 intake w/ Turbo

Old 08-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sherwood
learning about turbos is hard, they are really a serious peice of engineering-- just take your time.
Exactly. From installation, to selecting the right turbo and components, to building a motor up to handle the boost, to tuning, it is all a lot of knowledge to take in. Just read until you are blue in the face.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:48 AM
Fira!

yea i was reading this one thread on another site from the link Das sent me and theres a bunch of guys going back and forth about what size turbo is better. some of the things i had no idea what they meant but i got the jist of it. one question though, what engine parts are needed to be installed before puting in a turbo to handle the boost?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by Fira!
yea i was reading this one thread on another site from the link Das sent me and theres a bunch of guys going back and forth about what size turbo is better. some of the things i had no idea what they meant but i got the jist of it. one question though, what engine parts are needed to be installed before puting in a turbo to handle the boost?
you can turbo a stock engine easily. now if you want to turn up the boost, then you'll want new rods, pistons, and maybe even sleeve it. and something to tune it with. since you have an rsx look at hondata kpro. tuning is key.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Fira!

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
you can turbo a stock engine easily. now if you want to turn up the boost, then you'll want new rods, pistons, and maybe even sleeve it. and something to tune it with. since you have an rsx look at hondata kpro. tuning is key.
i dont want to blow my engine by making a mistake with too much boost or not tuning it right. would it be safe or worth it to turbo the stock engine or should i go first with bigger pistons & rods, new head gasket etc.??
Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

well if you dont plan to run more than 10-12psi you wont need to rebuild it. just make sure your fuel system is up to par and get a good tune. now if you're like most people and boost it and want more then you can look into a rebuild.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Fira!

what kind of hp am i looking at without a rebuild? i've got this car for the next 5 years!... so i want to do as much as possible but i want it done right the first time. ya know. i dont like doing things half fast.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

das schmoo can answer these questions for you better than i can. he's the resident turbo afficianado. im more of a NA nut. you wanna talk all motor, give me a holla. h:

Last edited by Mo; 08-08-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Fira!

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
das schmoo can answer these questions for you better than i can. he's the resident turbo afficianado. im more of a NA nut. you wanna talk all motor, give me a holla. h:
I was thinkin all motor at one point!! whats better? turbo or N/A? cuz i do love the sound of a turbo and everything that comes along with it but then again an all motor is very sweet! damn, i'm so confused!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
1turbodc2
got boost?

my suggestion to you is to do reasearch on both u haven't done any real research from your posts, and going and askin us isn't helping you...

Snoopy; psi number dosen't mean anything cause a smaller turbo at 12 psi will not really even push the motor as say a bigger turbo at 12 psi its all about CFM's

Fira: my car is stock and i boost around 11 to 12 psi, and my car runs great, so like i said read up my good friend so YOU can make the best decision
Old 08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Fira!

thanks... will do