Notices

Transmission Question What will fit?

Old 09-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Ress887

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Question What will fit?

alright im new here, my tranny just went out on m y jdm h22a swapped in my civic. i was told by the company i bought the engine and transmission off i need a jdm tranny. Plus the guy i bought the car off is a real douche bag so hes no help... i have been told by a few other sources i dont need a jdm transmission....is this true or do i have to have a a jdm one? will the H23 5 speed, F22 , and H22 5 speeds all fit?
thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 03:33 PM
ludeboom

any H series tranny will bolt on directly, any H series clutch will also work as well as all H flywheels
the f22 tranny will bolt on but
1. it will not last
2. it will not be geared properly for VTEC
3. it will not last

the f22 clutch wont last long either
i am pretty sure that the f series clutchs will also work fine tho

buy a used h22a/1 or h23a1 tranny from me or someone else online, i can get you a good deal on one in great condition.

~kris
Old 09-15-2003, 04:18 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

the f22 tranny is geared the highest which means poorer accleration.....and it's not designed to keep the engine in vtec, but should except for 1-2 and possibly 2-3, depends on how quick you are

the h23 tranny is geared higher than the h22, but it is better for acceleration when compared to the f22.....1-2 will probably drop you out of vtec

h22 has an optional factory LSD and is geared the lowest...better acceleration and designed to work with the vtec crossover points so that you stay in it when shifting at redline....

all are supposedly rated to around 250 lb/ft torque though....the h22 tranny shouldn't be stronger than the f22 tranny, and most of the parts are the same......but you probably won't like the acceleration that anything but the h22 tranny gives you.....it will be very noticeable....