Notices

AHhhh... shopping for the right cat-back exhaust...

Old 02-01-2004, 04:15 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a magnaflow catback on my 94 civic and im greatly satisfied with it...only dented my wallet about 320
Old 02-02-2004, 06:21 PM
99ludeboyh22a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a N1 on my 99 lude and i like it, it sound good to me only loud when i get on it
Old 02-02-2004, 08:24 PM
BlackShLude

Originally Posted by ludeboom
yea the dual tip is key, i like the dual tip because the stock prelude exhaust is a badass looking exhaust, and the h22a1 is a badass engine.
closed deck baby

~boom
my dc sports is dual tip :naughty:
Old 02-02-2004, 09:14 PM
hazmat

i used dc sport polished stainless steal heares with T-304 stainless steal 2.5" piping mandrel bent with 2.5" flowmaster 40 in and 2.5" dual out running to 2 seprate mufflers (dual exhaust) both 2.5" in and 2.5" dual out borla proxs mufflers with turbolator power exhaust angle cut tips (there controlled with valves: closing in the low pwoer range keep backpressure when needed and openin up at high rpm to give the power of runnin a big exhaust) not only did my exhaust sound good it gave me the power i needed and it looks good
Old 02-03-2004, 07:18 AM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

Originally Posted by hazmat
ok i missed this thread earlie but for the price rang up to 500 dollars you can make your own exhaust systme like i did in my 5th gen using all stainless steal parts it costed me a lil over 400 to get my custom duel exhaust how i wanted but it is worth it has a nice deep sound i like i lost very little low end but gained alot of high end i love it if u want ill be glad to right up a pref explanition of parts i used n all that other b/s
Lol, too late for me, maybe this will help others.

Originally Posted by 99ludeboyh22a
I have a N1 on my 99 lude and i like it, it sound good to me only loud when i get on it
I guess I was told that for what I was looking for (not too loud), the N1 wasn't an option, and people even recommended the WS instead, to make is sound like it was the more silent companion of the two. Check the first page, I think it's mentioned somewhere in there. Either way, if what you says is true, oh well. I really didn't want a huge pipe on the end, but that's my bowl of cereal, everyone has their own favorites.
Originally Posted by BlackShLude
my dc sports is dual tip :naughty:
How did you manage that? I thought their dual-muffler model or whatever was only offered for the big 2 (Teg and civic), or did you customize yours? pics please!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:34 PM
monkey

Originally Posted by hazmat
i used dc sport polished stainless steal heares with T-304 stainless steal 2.5" piping mandrel bent with 2.5" flowmaster 40 in and 2.5" dual out running to 2 seprate mufflers (dual exhaust) both 2.5" in and 2.5" dual out borla proxs mufflers with turbolator power exhaust angle cut tips (there controlled with valves: closing in the low pwoer range keep backpressure when needed and openin up at high rpm to give the power of runnin a big exhaust) not only did my exhaust sound good it gave me the power i needed and it looks good
wait so you have extra piping and an extra muffler on there for what reason now?

there's only 1 exhaust manifold on the h22, so why make a dual exhaust? :thinking: :barf:
Old 02-03-2004, 04:07 PM
hazmat

its what u can consider a not a treu dual exhaust since its only the cat gettin split into 2 i did that cause i like the look of a dual exhuast its more aggresive looking and it actually flows better the way i got it all set up
Old 02-04-2004, 11:36 PM
BBchris518

I've got a Tanabe Super racing madalion. Shit's sickkkk. I love it.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:40 AM
BlackShLude

no its a single muffler with dual tips like the stock one only bigger and fancier <(what a :ghey: word). its stainless steel and looks really tight and stealthy. and on each tip it has the dc sports logo engraved. i dont know how to post pics??
Old 02-05-2004, 11:41 AM
BlackShLude

no its a single muffler with dual tips like the stock one only bigger and fancier <(what a :ghey: word). its stainless steel and looks really tight and stealthy. and on each tip it has the dc sports logo engraved. i dont know how to post pics??