Notices

AHhhh... shopping for the right cat-back exhaust...

Old 06-07-2003, 08:12 PM
epoxy
Regulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just b/c it isnt stainless, doesnt mean it's going to rush. i know someone with WS that has had his for over 148k and no rust. not even a discoloration.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:13 PM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

where does that person live though? I'm just worried about the winters and all the salt
Old 06-07-2003, 08:45 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

I'm in a similar situation... I've been looking at the A'PEXi World Sport also. I thought it was stainless also. hmmm, gunna make me rethink also unless it domes in other flavors

A'PEXi World Sport was right in the price range I was looking at and has gotten the best reviews from what I've heard, N1 is overkill for me. And I think I've heard some WS setups before that were quite nice.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:01 PM
93accordEX

what about the apexi dunk? is that like the middle of the other 2?
Old 06-08-2003, 08:16 AM
THATPRELUDEGUY
I suck!

The Thermal is full stainless so if you're that concerned I would go that route. I have a friend who's Apex dunk (same piping as the WS) is still holding up after 4-5 years. The resonator is starting to look crappy and rust but I'd say he's got another year or two before needing another one. So 5-7 years for $400 isn't too bad if you ask me. Even if you plan to keep the car that long the money is nothing compared to how long it lasted. It's less then half the amount of oil changes over the same time frame.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Nocturnal420

I got an apex'i N1 cat-back in my '94 Si......I'm pleased.....Tone is quite nice......
Old 06-08-2003, 10:57 AM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

So what do you think? Which is louder overall (highway/city), the Thermal classic or the A'PEX N1? Nocturnal, you're compelely satisfied with the N1? What about highway jaunts longer than, oh, and hour or so. Does the noise get to you, or can you hardly hear it? Now that I took time to look at it, is the N1 even completely stainless? A'Pexi's web site just says of the N1: "The canister is built from SUS 304 stainless steel and features a 115mm tip with aggressive style" ... but nothing of the piping. I figured this was going to be easiest of my decisions... i figured wrong.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:13 PM
epoxy
Regulator

people beside me cant even hear the drone from my WS. I can hear it slightly when i'm in the car (but i have my music up so loud i couldn't hear if my exhaust fell off :-P )
Old 06-08-2003, 06:01 PM
THATPRELUDEGUY
I suck!

Originally posted by 4thGenReady2Go
So what do you think? Which is louder overall (highway/city), the Thermal classic or the A'PEX N1? Nocturnal, you're compelely satisfied with the N1? What about highway jaunts longer than, oh, and hour or so. Does the noise get to you, or can you hardly hear it? Now that I took time to look at it, is the N1 even completely stainless? A'Pexi's web site just says of the N1: "The canister is built from SUS 304 stainless steel and features a 115mm tip with aggressive style" ... but nothing of the piping. I figured this was going to be easiest of my decisions... i figured wrong.
The Thermal classic is full stainless but doesn't come with a slip in resonator to quiet it down, the N1 is stainless on the can only, the piping has a ceramic coating and it comes with the slip in resonator. I think you would be fine with an N1 but know that when you have the resonator out it's going to be pretty loud. To be honest you're right, it's very hard to find a good exhuast.

Hey here's two others you didn't list and may not know about. First the RS*R, it has a single 3" tip similar to the WS but supposedly it's a slight bit deeper and the tip is rolled at the ends. Then you also have Brullen, they will pretty much put anything together from you from what I've read and there stuff looks real nice.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:07 PM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

Well Ceramic won't rust, only if it chips off... does the WS have the same kinda of ceramic coating as the N1? I'll check out RS*R and Brullen... it's too bad Mugen doesn't still make parts for 4th gens, I'd pay extra for the exhaust components.