Old 12-16-2002, 06:51 PM
[mmm]PFM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys need opinion.

Hey guys need to ask this,

Its me with the 93, prelude.

alot of you guys said to lower my car.

I REALLY want the one piecers.

How much modification is required for one piecers?

SO what should I do,

Do you guys like the one piecers?

Thanks again-

Peter
Old 12-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Suspension Guru

I don't want to sound stupid, but I'm really curious. What are you talking about? What is it? That's a term I've never heard.
I'm inclined to think your talking about full bodied coilovers, but I dunno.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:35 AM
jc836

First thing-how low do you want to lower the car? Second-do you have ANY reason to have it adjustable? Third, how will you use the car-daily/road race/autoX/drag/show.

With these questions answered we can then say that you can get a nice ride and better handling with "progressive rate" springs and aftermarket shocks (Neuspeed sport/Koni "yellow" for example). Want to spend some added $$$-go for either Ground Control or Skunk2 coilover sleeves and springs on aftermarket shocks. This way you get adjustability and a choice of spring rates based on how YOU will use the car and the recommendation of the supplier.
Final idea is the "full threaded body" coilover. Best example is the Tien. This method has a serious drawback-no optional spring rates and a failry high price compared to the other 2 methods.

Now that I have completely confused you [j/k] go and take a long look at your desires for your ride and decide from there. You can search on this and several other sites and find a lot of info. The part of the country you are in I doubt sees snow and unless you are going to be where the roads are truly bad at times (PA, NY, MJ and Illinois for example) you can go with a fixed drop. Both Neuspeed and Eibach have some great springs along with the ones offered by H&R. DO NOT put something cheap on the car-trust us. Shocks are a matter of quality and money-I use nothing but Koni and have yet to have any of them give me a problem. There are several other brands.

Good luck and happy holidays
Old 12-18-2002, 04:32 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

What would you recommend for use as a daily driver in the northeast of PA? roads are bad here, I can't go too low. Thinkin, .5" maybe 1"? Plans this spring for some 17" or 18" rim's.