Notices

Anyone heard of Toucan Coilovers?

Old 12-09-2002, 08:06 PM
Kbulls91Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard of Toucan Coilovers?

I've got a 91 lude and I'm planning on dropin it, with either eibach pro-kits w/ tokico blues OR coilovers. I was told the Toucan coilovers come as complete bolt-ons. thats "with shocks", for much cheaper than ground-controls alone.
Are Toucans crap? Do any coilovers hold up in winter conditions? Do they corrode and get hard to adjust once they've been on the road awhile?
Old 12-23-2002, 11:44 AM
importsyn

Never heard of them.Are they made by Toucan Industries (aka Ractive)??Personally if you haven't heard of a product stay away for it.Chances are you'll have more aggravation than satisfaction.It's all the little things like the fit of the product,finish,and overall performance.Hope this helps??
Old 12-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Kbulls91Lude

Yes, that must be them. I asked a mechanic friend to look for reative coilovers, and he answered with the Toucans. I've heard good things about GroundControls, I'll probably go with those, but lately I've been leaning toward Eibach springs & Tokico blues, w/ camber kits all around if needed(I don't know). Once its lowered as I like, & aligned, I can't see any need in changing height & screwing up camber. I don't want any unneccesary tire wears. I want my rubber FLAT on the ground.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:03 AM
Madtekniques
cryoteknical

I have a buddy with a 91 Teg and he is runnig the Ractive coilovers. I just talked to him 2 days ago and he was complaining that he needs some new springs becasue he hates the ride of these so if I were you I'd stick with one of the more reputable companies, you don't want to half ass it with the cheap stuff if you have to replace it down the road. Many people here recommend the gc/koni yellow set-uo, I think the KYB four point adjustables are a little cheaper and most of those who have them give them a good word. For the pro-kits I know that many Teg owners have issues with the springs sitting really funny and not looking so hot, don't know how they are for the ludes though?

Good luck, hope I helped a bit.