Notices

Blown Motor... Help

Old 12-09-2006, 03:53 PM
vstylest05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Motor... Help

Well... So my car had oil light on and I ignored it because I was lazy and kept pushing it off thinking nothing would happen. So I was cruising on the freeway and all sudden I hear lots of clicking noise and then no sound at all... My engine turn off I tried to turn it on after I threw it in neutral. Wouldn't turn over. Parked on on Emergency lane. Got it towed to my house. So yah.. Its a 1992 H23 Prelude. I was wondering what other motors would bolt on into this car? Would you just drop the h22a without any modifications or harness. I was thinking about puttin in h22a or gsr motor... what do you guys think and what would i have to do to engine bay... life succs
Old 12-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Nirvanaspartan

get a H22a4 and please don't go JDM you can never pass smog with those things unless you got money for other parts.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:04 PM
vstylest05

well, will the H22a's drop in my prelude without any modifications so will it just be plug and play with a new ECU? if i want to change to h22a what else would i need to change besides motor. i think im abo ut to get a jdm h22 one..
Old 12-10-2006, 05:34 PM
vstylest05

can anybody help?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
SirHybrid

Well, you need engine, wiring harness, and ECU. Technically you don't need the H22 tranny, but you will want it, as the H23 tranny isn't geared the same and will be a bit sluggish compared to the H22 transmission. And you should get the H22A because you are already OBDI since you are pre-1997. And goddamnit, the oil light DOES NOT mean that you need an oil change. If the oil light is coming on when you turn, brake, accelerate, or just always on, it means that YOU HAVE NO OIL IN THE FUCKING MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! And for the most trustworthy and reliable engine swap help and service, go to
www.hmotorsonline.com
No, I don't work for them, but they are just well recommended. There are a lot of scam artist engine swap websites out there. Don't want to see you get hosed. Also, if you call them, they can tell you exactly what you need, in case I forgot anything.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 AM
mberndt

Originally Posted by vstylest05
Well... So my car had oil light on and I ignored it because I was lazy and kept pushing it off thinking nothing would happen. So I was cruising on the freeway and all sudden I hear lots of clicking noise and then no sound at all... My engine turn off I tried to turn it on after I threw it in neutral. Wouldn't turn over. Parked on on Emergency lane. Got it towed to my house. So yah.. Its a 1992 H23 Prelude. I was wondering what other motors would bolt on into this car? Would you just drop the h22a without any modifications or harness. I was thinking about puttin in h22a or gsr motor... what do you guys think and what would i have to do to engine bay... life succs
Well, no offense, but you should not get an H22 if you can't even put oil in WHEN THE LIGHT IS ON...

Do you even take care of your car?? My honest opinion is that you should not get an engine swap if you cannot even check your oil level...

A friend of mine who doesn't know one end of a screwdriver from the other, got an EG with a swap, and sold it cause he had no idea or even a will to work on it. Be prepared to do more than just check your oil, which you did not do and now hopefully realize how dumb it was to ignore a DUMMY light...

Oil pressure light = NO OIL PRESSURE = DEATH TO ENGINE IMMEDIATELY

And lazy is not an excuse...
Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

F22B Straight Swap, $700 HOLLA
Old 12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
vstylest05

well yah, my dad just bought a h22a motor today... so would i need a whole new engine wire harness and ecu? how about axles or anything else? the h22 engine will bolt up to the h23 tranny right? what else would i need to convert it to h22 running? i need seirous help since i dont have a car to get around anymore..
Old 12-12-2006, 06:27 AM
mberndt

Originally Posted by vstylest05
well yah, my dad just bought a h22a motor today... so would i need a whole new engine wire harness and ecu? how about axles or anything else? the h22 engine will bolt up to the h23 tranny right? what else would i need to convert it to h22 running? i need seirous help since i dont have a car to get around anymore..
So, you ruin your old motor cause you were "lazy" and now you Dad goes and buys you a new motor... Talk about spoiled... Must be nice...

Basically, you need to do more research... The answers to all of your questions are already online, you just have to look, and look thoroughly...
Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H22a1 or another H23 since your in california the H22a1 fron a 93-95 prelude is needed and has to be inspected by a referee station or it will not pass smog. as H22 was not offered util 93.