Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

f/s 99 Civic SI b16a2 engine and tranny

Old 02-09-2003, 09:38 AM
sleedawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f/s 99 Civic SI b16a2 engine and tranny

Selling my B16a2 and tranny from my 99 Civic SI. Never modified and was run completely stock with the exception of an AEM Cold Air Intake. Both engine and tranny are in excellent condition and was never raced. Approximately 50k miles on them. Will sell seperately if desired.

$2700 o.b.o for both
$1700 o.b.o for the engine
$1100 o.b.o for the tranny

Make me a legitimate offer. Parts located near Sacramento, CA.

VIN# 1HGEM1158XL______ (available to serious buyer and i'll provide paperwork)

email me at lee_steve.geo@yahoo.com for more info.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:05 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont you think thats a little steep?
Old 02-09-2003, 03:18 PM
sleedawg

As I said. Or best offer. My prices are not set in stone. But as I said, these are legit and not stolen and in mint condition and I can provide papers. How many other "bargains" can do that? You could purchase long blocks and tranny cheaper, but you don't know what condition they'll be in either. If you're interested, throw out some REASONABLE numbers. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2003, 03:21 PM
dirtysohc

i got a 2nd gen b16 too and im selling it for way cheaper than that and it has 60,000 miles on it w/ type-r cams,type-r tb,type-r manifold...im selling it for 2,500...im located near sacramento too....its legit also....
Old 02-09-2003, 03:30 PM
sleedawg

that's a fair deal on the type-r stuff you have. I could also get all that stuff new for about $800 and slap them on the motor, and i'd knock $200 off my price and it would add up to $2500 also. so it's the same deal.

I'm just saying... this motor has never been touched and/or raced. So it's still built by the factory instead of having someone who doesn't know what they're doing tamper with it. It's had a compression test and a leak down test, so there's no doubt of the quality.

i just want to get rid of it since i got a new b18c5 factory fresh and a JDM type-r factory fresh tranny on it's way.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:35 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by sleedawg
As I said. Or best offer. My prices are not set in stone. But as I said, these are legit and not stolen and in mint condition and I can provide papers. How many other "bargains" can do that? You could purchase long blocks and tranny cheaper, but you don't know what condition they'll be in either. If you're interested, throw out some REASONABLE numbers. Thanks!
sorry, i was just being a dick, don't mind me. :thumbup:
Old 02-09-2003, 03:38 PM
sleedawg

dude... it's no big deal. last time i checked, it was america. and you got the right to say anything... ESPECIALLY on the internet. as i said... i'm taking offers, and if someone says... i got x amount of cash... i'll consider. but if it's not worth it to me, i can sit on the engine and use it as the world's largest paperweight.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:47 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

just a heads up.... some guy on here has a 2000 gs-r tranny for 400 bucks so i tend to believe that you wont be getting 1300 for yours.

good luck, free bump
Old 02-09-2003, 04:59 PM
sleedawg

thanks for the bump and the luck...

i saw the $400 buck tranny, and i have to wonder if it's legit and the condition... i'm not accusing the guy of anything... i've had offers on trannys and engines before that were too good to be true, and when i ran the VIN... you know the story... not to mention, i've met people who've sent money and not gotten anything after sending the money...

at buyers expense... i can get Comptech (which I am not affiliated with other than being the shop that works on all my cars) to do an inspection of the engine and tranny to confirm the condition and document it...

last note... the Civic SI had the closest gear ratios of any US market tranny... other than not having a LSD... it's the same tranny as the Type-R

check out... http://ff-squad.com/Bgears.htm

as I said... i'm taking offers... i just posted what most salvage yards want for these http://www.car-part.com/ and i know my part is as good, if not better than anything you'll find at the salvage yard
Old 02-09-2003, 05:23 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

actually you originally had 3gz obo that isnt that far from competitive prices.... most b16's go for like 26-2700 :thumbup: