Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

92 Turbo 5G Civic HB w/ JDM B16 -- parts car F/S WI

Old 05-16-2006, 06:38 PM
krenk000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Turbo 5G Civic HB w/ JDM B16 -- parts car F/S WI

Hi I'm selling one very nice turbo driveline (OBDI JDM B16 DOHC VTEC), a number of suspension, brake and other mods for a 5G Civic. This all comes in a wrecked Civic hatchback (if you want it). The car is side hit in the driver’s door. Don’t think about rebuilding this tub… start with another and use parts from this one.

Plenty of description is listed below... and pictures (w/ dyno chart) at eBay Motors #8066562539. I've also listed it elsewhere on the web and in local papers.

Please note, this swap made 265whp (Elite in the Twin Cities) on a conservative tune (safe timing and a little on the fat/safe side). Don’t think about this if you don’t have money… I don’t have time for dreamers.

Those who have serious interest:

I’ve accumulated parts of the course of about 4 years (and two chasses). I had what I thought was a nice combo of parts. I’ve wrecked the car and am looking at this as a transition point toward other platforms and interests. If you are in to the stuff, you can’t buy all this for less than several thousand dollars.

Engine:
• JDM B16A OBDI. Never detonated or run hot. I ran this engine turbocharged without problems for over a year (until wrecked).
• P28 socketed computer. Has an Uberdata chip and program (had just switched over from Hondata for giggles). The engine comes with a Hondata silver box as well to allow Stage3b tuning (what the original 265whp was done with).
• Large JG throttle body.
• JG/Edlebrock Victor X intake
• Hondata intake gasket (actually works in reducing intake temp).
• RC 440cc injectors
• Cast turbo manifold
• External wastegate (Delta)
• T3 turbo
• Front mount intercooler
• 2.5” intercooler piping
• K&N cone-style filter
• Adjustable cam gears
• Aftermarket plug wires
• MSD 6A ignition and external coil (just installed this and a newer distributor before wreck)
• BBK upgraded fuel pump
• Del Sol VTEC-sized radiator
• Newer timing belt, water pump, plugs, distributor.

Transmission:
• JDM LSD 5-spd transmission
• Lightened flywheel
• Clutchmasters multi-puck, sprung hub clutch (just installed)
• ITR “dog leg” shifter

Suspension:
• Energy Suspension bushings throughout
• Skunk2 front upper control arms for camber correction. I had custom plates made for the ball joint holder. The Skunk set-up uses a ball joint that they wouldn’t replace for me held in by less substantial clip. The current plates have tighter tolerances, can provide greater adjustment, are beefier and use a Honda ball joint that you can get at NAPA or other sources.
• Tokico Illumina adjustable struts
• Coil-over springs

Exhaust:
• Custom 3” exhaust. Side exit (just in front of the right rear tire). Two Moroso spiral core mufflers inline in tunnel. 3” stainless flex pipe.
• Downpipe and wastegate exhaust are separate until just before 02 sensor behind the engine (trying to minimize turbulence).

Brakes:
• 4-wheel disc brakes with working parking brake
• Stainless steel brake lines
• Civic EX/Integra LS-sized front brakes (10.4” rotors and matching calipers)

Misc:
• Moroso battery box and relocation kit included
• I’m sure I am forgetting things.

NOT INCLUDED
• The wheels in the pictures are not included (see eBay listing). You don’t want them anyway as two of them smacked the curb and cracked. I will put the car on four 14” wheels that will roll.
• The front bumper cover and rear hatch are not included. I do have some rough ones I can include if you care.
• The seats in the car are not included. They are musty anyway.
• A lot of the interior on the left side is cracked up from the impact.

Now, the car has been hit. It was towed home and driven off the flatbed. So, the engine runs. However, I can’t vouch for all of the suspension and I’m not interested in getting a professional opinion to vouch for what is good or not. I did have a Honda mechanic look at the whole kit and caboodle and was ready to give $4k happily for it. However, personal circumstances outside of the car world reprioritized things for him. Swaps alone (without the turbo gear) go for not much less than my Buy-it-now. Also, you get all the goodies. Use the remaining good stock parts for back-ups and salvage the tub.

I can have the car delivered up to 500 miles from 53716 for $1.25/mile. If you want, I can pull only the parts you want and deliver those to you. I can also work with your shipper, for the whole car, beyond 500 miles. All of these options require payment up-front.

If you are serious, I am open to people coming to inspect the car. If you are just looking, don’t bother. I will entertain local cash offers and am advertising it locally. Please don’t contact me if you don't have access to the necessary money.

Asking price is $4000.

E-mail me at krenk000@yahoo.com with questions. I won't check back to H-A.net site very often.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 AM
orientXXXpress

don't see any pics
Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 PM
badwhiteguy

you willing to sell that p28 seperately?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 AM
bdolan92

how much for the transmission
Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
d1_driftking
drifting my way to hell

looking for glovebox and visors let me know