Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

TECH: 5th gen Accord True Short Shift Lever

Old 08-19-2002, 09:01 AM
chameleon
spoon wh0re

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECH: 5th gen Accord True Short Shift Lever

Hey people, most of you know me around here some of you dont. from time to time I like to post of How-to's of things that just most rice boys dont think of which is actually beneficial things, and thats the sort of tech that honda-acura.net needs and thats what makes this forum so good.
I have posted things up such as my "Legend 2 piston caliper conversion", I have posted up "LX rear drum to EX rear disc conversion" I have done my own prelude powerplant conversion and have aided many people on getting it working right.

thats why today i wanna see the interest people will have in my next conversion which is the only true short shifter made for the 4th(?) and 5th gen accord, and you guys know how rare that is.. (sorry civic/integ guys)

so to the point ..the purpose of this post is that i will be the test dummy for the PSPEC tuning short throw shift lever, which Mr. PSPEC himself is very confident about and im sure it will be a great advantage to us 2.2 guys so thats why i didnt hesitate to jump on this one..

so you guys can see what it looks like:

also note that its about ready for mass production which will be sold to a huge import company which will of course jack up the price, so my point is im going to do a review after installation later this week so i can give my thoughts on the shifter and how beneficial it really is, so I can set up a GROUPBUY before it goes into mass production. getting 20-30 sets for us guys would be no problem but just need to know how many of you guys would be intesrest???

I myself right now am running a stock lever cut down like 3" using a B&M ss adapter and if any of you know its notchy as hell, i **** up 2nd gear most times and knowing my tranny might take bigger abuse some day is what really makes me appreciate this type of mod. i favor beneficial mods not so much looks.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:24 AM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

id probably be interested. my b&m doesn't seem to be giving me much. maybe im just used to it now b/c ive had it for about 6 months now.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:21 AM
chameleon
spoon wh0re

yeah i feel i got used to mine too, cant wait to see the difference when i use this one, btw i had a lil curb accident, slowing me down a bit but i will be doing the review today or tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:17 AM
Ryu
Team Exgen

sup chameleon! didnt know you posted those How-to's but anyway im sure intrested in this group buy thing... got any rough estimates on how much its going to cost? Here downunder after market parts are sooo f*&$#%! expensive!

But i manage to score myself a H22A complete with 5 speed + ECU + wiring for $2100 Australian Dollars....

After being to this forum ive think after reading all the post it has really conned me into doing the swap....

But yeah definately a short shift would be awesome!
Old 08-27-2002, 06:42 PM
chameleon
spoon wh0re

cool, i wouldnt support this unless i thought it could help the accord community greatly, retail for this is $120, so you can definitely expect a GB to be way cheaper than that!! stay tuned.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:57 PM
kleankord

i just wish there was one for the 6th gen...
Old 08-27-2002, 09:08 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

I'm down, let me know what happens. . .

email: lrdstnly@fast.net
Old 08-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Ryu
Team Exgen

hrmm... thats $240 Aussie dollars, then anouther $100AUS to ship it... $340... damn i wish there was no such thing as currency exchange rates...
Old 08-29-2002, 06:08 PM
chameleon
spoon wh0re

REVIEW IS UP GUYS!!
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=18886
Old 08-31-2002, 10:18 AM
PSPEC

Default GROUP BUY IS NOW ON

Here is the link

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?&id...560914#2560914

I need about 15 more confirmed buyers. I have around 10 or so that say they are in but havn't received payment yet.

Quick Reply: TECH: 5th gen Accord True Short Shift Lever