Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Industry Sales Figures - August 2003

Old 09-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Chris WebMaster
Talk To The Hand!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Scion has only sold 900 and 451 so far this year? or is that for last months sales?

9) Scion xB - 900 (900)
10) Scion xA - 451 (451)
Old 09-06-2003, 05:30 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Samson
exactly.... same deal with the fleet sales. get over it.
So what's wrong with pointing it out to people who don't know that the Civic would lead the Corolla if not for the Matrix and the Accord would lead the Camry if not for fleet sales?
Old 09-06-2003, 06:02 PM
zishan

like i said earlier, im not fan of toyota...but whats the difference in the toyota matrix and what a corolla hatchback would be? isnt the matrix basically a hatchback corolla? so why not count that??

But I do agree with you guys on fleet sales, they should not be counted.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
So what's wrong with pointing it out to people who don't know that the Civic would lead the Corolla if not for the Matrix and the Accord would lead the Camry if not for fleet sales?
there is nothing wrong.....

I dont care about camry.... what i was saying is... the Civic has the advantage even with the Matrix added to Corolla... because Civic has much broader selection... So you can't blame the Matrix for the corolla surpasing civic..... its more than that.

Wasn't/Isnt the corolla the number one selling car in American history overall?

And looking at fleet sales .... it really doesnt matter who would *actually* have # 1 sales w/o them because the public overall doesnt care, nor see that info.... Its whats advertised is what people care about, not looking deeper... so theres no point on dwelling on the same thing over and over.

People need a good reliable vehicle to rent/company use... and putting a car down because of that is .

Bottom Line:

Its just sales people.... its not the end of the world.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by zishan
like i said earlier, im not fan of toyota...but whats the difference in the toyota matrix and what a corolla hatchback would be? isnt the matrix basically a hatchback corolla? so why not count that??
There is not difference between a Corolla Hatch and the Matrix... it is a Corolla in every way except the engine options.

Heck, the official name for the car is Corolla Matrix..... its just not printed that way on the car, like Camry Solara.....

People made a big deal when Toyota started to Include Solara sales with Camry... its 2 door camry.... And commented toyota only did that to surpass the Accord... Its amazing what people can come up with for reasoning.... it *should* have been included all along... why it wasnt is beyond me.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:09 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Samson
And looking at fleet sales .... it really doesnt matter who would *actually* have # 1 sales w/o them because the public overall doesnt care, nor see that info.... Its whats advertised is what people care about, not looking deeper... so theres no point on dwelling on the same thing over and over.

People need a good reliable vehicle to rent/company use... and putting a car down because of that is .
Because the public in general don't know how many sales actually come from fleet sales, Samsy. If people knew that fleet sales usually resulted in no profit for the automaker and that they are done mainly to falsely inflate sales figures or "give away" cars that would otherwise embarassingly sit on dealer lots unsold. You and I both know that Toyota loves to have the #1 crown...when they get it, all they do is advertise it. Little does anyone know that Honda has never been beaten by the Camry in private sales.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Chris WebMaster
The Scion has only sold 900 and 451 so far this year? or is that for last months sales?

9) Scion xB - 900 (900)
10) Scion xA - 451 (451)
That was for June, the first month it went on sale. I forgot to update.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:50 PM
asianautica

Then why don't Honda just start selling some of their Accord to fleet so they can claim the #1 spot? Wouldn't that little $$ lost due to fleet sales be worth the #1 spot? Since the general public doesn't know about the fleet sale # anyways?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by asianautica
Then why don't Honda just start selling some of their Accord to fleet so they can claim the #1 spot? Wouldn't that little $$ lost due to fleet sales be worth the #1 spot? Since the general public doesn't know about the fleet sale # anyways?
im guessing maybe Honda can not afford to make cars and sell them at little cost.... although Ford says that the Taurus brings in profit with fleet sales, so they must not "give" cars away like others claim... othewise i do not see how it would be profitable at all.... Ford practically pays people to buy the Taurus anyways... so i dont think it matters if its fleet or not. Bigger companies im sure can easier *afford* to do some fleet sales.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:10 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Ford isn't in the best financial position to use as an example. :rofl: