Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Industry Sales Figures - August 2003

Old 09-05-2003, 07:02 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Chris WebMaster
Sorry Toyota Camry but you have a large amount of fleet sales added to your figures.
*Edited because Samson didn't recognize it as a joke*

On the same note, remember that the Corolla is not outselling the Civic unless you include the Matrix.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:23 PM
zishan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the cl and tl sales should be combined because the cl is just a 2 door variant of the tl....and the g35 sedan and coupes sales should be combined for the same reason...that would also put something closer to the sales of the 3 series...as it is right now, it looks like nothing in this segment will ever beat it.

ps...im not at all a toyota fan, but one car i've always loved is the gs300/430. Is it due out for a redesign very soon or something? because sales are horrible. makes me think that it might be due for a redesign and production has been cut or something to that effect.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:35 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by zishan
i think the cl and tl sales should be combined because the cl is just a 2 door variant of the tl....and the g35 sedan and coupes sales should be combined for the same reason...that would also put something closer to the sales of the 3 series...as it is right now, it looks like nothing in this segment will ever beat it.

I think I'll pass.

ps...im not at all a toyota fan, but one car i've always loved is the gs300/430. Is it due out for a redesign very soon or something? because sales are horrible. makes me think that it might be due for a redesign and production has been cut or something to that effect.
Do a search, we had a topic on this a couple months back. We probably won't know for sure what it will look like until next spring.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:12 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
*Edited because I'm a wimp ass biatch*

On the same note, remember that the Corolla is not outselling the Civic unless you include the Matrix.
Think about it... thats just your scapegoat... the Civic has 4 dor/ 2 door, and hatch models....

Whats the corolla have u ask? 4 DOORs only. So your little game of :blah: is total :bs: because theoretically.... if civic has 4/2/ AND hatch versions... it should EASILY otusell the corolla EVEN with the Matrix... but NO... it doesnt. so..... :ghey:

But what else is new... nothing.. you always come up with
:loco: :blah: .
Old 09-06-2003, 11:15 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Samson
Think about it... thats just your scapegoat... the Civic has 4 dor/ 2 door, and hatch models....

Whats the corolla have u ask? 4 DOORs only. So your little game of :blah: is total :bs: because theoretically.... if civic has 4/2/ AND hatch versions... it should EASILY otusell the corolla EVEN with the Matrix... but NO... it doesnt. so..... :ghey:

But what else is new... nothing.. you always come up with
:loco: :blah: .
Happy that you got that off of your chest?
Old 09-06-2003, 11:15 AM
DakarM

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
Happy that you got that off of your chest?

:werd: that doesn't belong in here.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by DakarM
:werd: that doesn't belong in here.
neither do his comments on bringing me into the conversation when im not involved. h:
Old 09-06-2003, 11:39 AM
DakarM

Originally posted by Samson
neither do his comments on bringing me into the conversation when im not involved. h: Its pretty obvious u guys buddied up and posted together like that, IN THE SAME MINUTE. h:

no i posted my posted based on what i saw. Chris didn't tell me to post anything nor did we team up.

but this is ot and i have to leave for my meet so i'm just going to end it here with a

:yay: for honda. sell more civic sis now so we can get the R
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:20 PM
socalprelude

I do not think anything should be combined at all. The civic has the hatchback, coupe, and 4 door. So, if Toyota only offers the corolla as a four door then too bad for them, and screw them for not offering a bigger selection on certain models, I know plenty of people that wanted a corolla coupe or hatcback but did not want a celica or a matrix, so there only choice was for a 4 door corolla. Every model should be counted as one model and that is it. And I do not know why I am even putting my 2 cents in because this stupid corolla/matrix discussion happens every time the monthly sales post is up LOL.....so I am shoving my foot in my mouth before any of you do it for me
Old 09-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by socalprelude
And I do not know why I am even putting my 2 cents in because this stupid corolla/matrix discussion happens every time the monthly sales post is up
exactly.... same deal with the fleet sales. get over it.