Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.
View Poll Results: How Would You Rate The Exterior Styling Of The TL?
Defintely Ugly
6.90%
Very Bland and Characterless
3.45%
Bland Yet Classy
6.90%
Attractive With Some Exceptions
15.52%
Attractive and Classy
31.03%
Very Attractive and Distinct
24.14%
Absolutely Stunning
12.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

2004 Acura TL Picture Gallery

Old 09-02-2003, 10:53 AM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks okay, but I wouldn't want to buy one....my next car is going to be a Mercedes.h:

Oh, and it looks like the new TL has a dual zone climate control like on my TSX, hopefully, it works better than my TSX's cuz it has a lot of problems. Honda needs to learn how to make these dual zone climate control work right. I had a lot of mold build up everytime I used the dual zone climate system.

The 6-speed is just cool. :drool:
Old 09-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Dorikin
530i

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic

And a general rant: Manufacturers need to stop including 4-acres of plastic shroud under the hood. Some of us actually work on our own cars.
fawking :werd:
Old 09-02-2003, 09:34 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

to the people who think it looks bland, what do you think about the g35 sedan and audi a4? i think those cars are incredibly bland yet people jock them so much. the g35's side profile is boring and the a4 is really boxy.
the g35 coupe however :naughty:
Old 09-03-2003, 06:00 AM
2000Prelude

I agree about the G35 sedan. That car, to me is hedious! I do like the coupe, however, to me it looks even better than the 350 Z. The Audi's are rather boring and boxy, but in a nice way. They look classy and seem to be a nice, clean and simple design. to me cars with all the swoopy lines, scowling grills and the like get old rater fast. In a couple a years, they look dated. It seems for the most part the Germans have the best stlying, clean, elegant, simple and form follows function. The only ones I'm not crazy about are the Porsche SUV (Cayenne?) and the BMW 7 series. Here again, the companies seem to be going after trends and trying to get people's attention at all costs. I prefer simple and understated.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:12 AM
socalprelude

I like the new TL, but I don't love it. I do agree with some that the exterior looks too domestic, cheap pontiac-like, The Acura on the front looks dumb, and I hate the rear end. Other then that though I do like it, and I am sure once I start seeing them on the street I will warm up to them much more. So I voted 'attractive with some exceptions'
I also agree that the G35 sedan is boring, and I have mentioned to many of my friends that when I see them on the street they do not look like they are made by a luxury carmaker. I will compare the exterior to the original G20. It was made by Infiniti, but looked like it could have had a Nissan badge on it, or Toyota for that matter. The coupe though, thats another story lol
Old 09-03-2003, 02:41 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 2000Prelude
I agree about the G35 sedan. That car, to me is hedious! I do like the coupe, however, to me it looks even better than the 350 Z. The Audi's are rather boring and boxy, but in a nice way. They look classy and seem to be a nice, clean and simple design. to me cars with all the swoopy lines, scowling grills and the like get old rater fast. In a couple a years, they look dated. It seems for the most part the Germans have the best stlying, clean, elegant, simple and form follows function. The only ones I'm not crazy about are the Porsche SUV (Cayenne?) and the BMW 7 series. Here again, the companies seem to be going after trends and trying to get people's attention at all costs. I prefer simple and understated.
Great. Now relate this to the TL.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:03 PM
95AccordV6

Originally posted by evolution

3-series > TL

G35 = TL > 330i > IS300 = TSX > 325i = A4 1.8T > Civic
Old 09-03-2003, 03:26 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by 95AccordV6
G35 = TL > 330i > IS300 = TSX > 325i = A4 1.8T > Civic
Perhaps next time you can think up something more constructive to post
Old 09-04-2003, 02:57 AM
2000Prelude

OK, 98 Coupe V6, I'll try to relate my comments about the G35 and other cars to the TL.

1) In general, I think many automakers have adopted a trend of "grab the customers attention" to the detrement of design and styling. The American manufacturers started this; witness the Pontiac styling cues many people have mentioned they see in the TL.

2) The German manufacturers have had a tendency to keep to their traditional design themes, resulting in cars that are understated in style. The style tends to look good for a period of time and doesn't get old quickly. This may appear "boring" to some people.

3) The new TL, in my opinion, is going toward the "grab the attention" side of the spectrum. I personally think the style is OK, with some reservations.

a) The front overhang disturbs me. Why is there such a long distance between the front wheels and the actual front of the car!! Don't tell me it's for safety or crashworthiness. Look at MB, Audi and BMW, they satisfy the necessary safety and crashwothyness without the looongg front overhang.

b) There is one view of the car I really like, I can't think of what it's called (?3/4 view?) where you see the front of the car along with the side. It has a look of strength and security, like a well built bridge. The theme flows smoothly from the front to the back of the car.

c) The rear of the car, or at least the trunk area, appears too short when compared to the long front. But this doesn't bother me as much as my comment in (a).

Believe me, I love Honda and Acura. I'm trying hard to like the new Accord and TL. I'll probably be getting a new car next year and the Accord 6 speed coupe is at the top of my list now.

I've decided I don't like Nissan's efforts of late, especially the new Maxima and the G35 sedan.

NUF said
Old 09-04-2003, 01:39 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by 2000Prelude
OK, 98 Coupe V6, I'll try to relate my comments about the G35 and other cars to the TL.

1) In general, I think many automakers have adopted a trend of "grab the customers attention" to the detrement of design and styling. The American manufacturers started this; witness the Pontiac styling cues many people have mentioned they see in the TL.

2) The German manufacturers have had a tendency to keep to their traditional design themes, resulting in cars that are understated in style. The style tends to look good for a period of time and doesn't get old quickly. This may appear "boring" to some people.

3) The new TL, in my opinion, is going toward the "grab the attention" side of the spectrum. I personally think the style is OK, with some reservations.

a) The front overhang disturbs me. Why is there such a long distance between the front wheels and the actual front of the car!! Don't tell me it's for safety or crashworthiness. Look at MB, Audi and BMW, they satisfy the necessary safety and crashwothyness without the looongg front overhang.

b) There is one view of the car I really like, I can't think of what it's called (?3/4 view?) where you see the front of the car along with the side. It has a look of strength and security, like a well built bridge. The theme flows smoothly from the front to the back of the car.

c) The rear of the car, or at least the trunk area, appears too short when compared to the long front. But this doesn't bother me as much as my comment in (a).

Believe me, I love Honda and Acura. I'm trying hard to like the new Accord and TL. I'll probably be getting a new car next year and the Accord 6 speed coupe is at the top of my list now.

I've decided I don't like Nissan's efforts of late, especially the new Maxima and the G35 sedan.

NUF said
I agree with you wholehartedly. I prefer classy, "bland" designs to radical ones that look good now but not in 5 years. Witness Celica v RSX. I disagree with you on the TL...I think it is a very conservative style that will look good years from now. But it's all subjective