Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Nissan JDM Car Lineup

Old 01-04-2003, 05:22 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
The Primera is still FWD, which doesn't fit in with the rest of the lineup (I35 is getting killed off after a shortened 2003 model year). Infiniti is gunning for BMW, not Acura.

A loaded up V6 Altima stickers at $29k. If anything a 3.0-liter Primera would slot in the Nissan lineup as a smaller/sportier alternative to the Altima with a price topping out at say, $26k. You still have the issue of cannibalizing Altima sales which is exactly why the 2004 Maxima is bigger and more expensive than the last one which was too similar to the Altima.

I still don't see it happening. I just hope that they get around to updating the Sentra soon because it's totally out of step with essentially every Nissan product now.
First time for everything: I agree with you :fawk:
Old 01-06-2003, 07:05 PM
dctwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35coupe

is G35 coupe a USDM thing or JDM thing? if it is the skyline coupe how come i didnt see it on nissan-cars japan website?
Old 01-06-2003, 10:45 PM
asianautica

The Primera is still FWD, which doesn't fit in with the rest of the lineup (I35 is getting killed off after a shortened 2003 model year). Infiniti is gunning for BMW, not Acura.

A loaded up V6 Altima stickers at $29k. If anything a 3.0-liter Primera would slot in the Nissan lineup as a smaller/sportier alternative to the Altima with a price topping out at say, $26k. You still have the issue of cannibalizing Altima sales which is exactly why the 2004 Maxima is bigger and more expensive than the last one which was too similar to the Altima.

I still don't see it happening. I just hope that they get around to updating the Sentra soon because it's totally out of step with essentially every Nissan product now.
I agree w/ you. The current Sentra is based on the old philosophy. If I guess right, they'll use a shorten Altima platform. Most likely, they'll use the 2.5L and the 1.8L still but the 1.8L will probably be in only the lowest model. If they stay true to their word about top HP in its class, the next SE-R should be turboed. But we'll have to wait and see.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:07 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The Altima, Maxima and Murano are all based on the FF-L (L is for "Large" in this case). My guess is that a theoretical FF-S or FF-M--or perhaps both--are in the works and the Sentra will be based off one of these options.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:08 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Default Re: G35coupe

Originally posted by dctwo
is G35 coupe a USDM thing or JDM thing? if it is the skyline coupe how come i didnt see it on nissan-cars japan website?
Amazingly enough, it's not out yet in Japan.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:45 AM
asianautica

The Altima, Maxima and Murano are all based on the FF-L (L is for "Large" in this case). My guess is that a theoretical FF-S or FF-M--or perhaps both--are in the works and the Sentra will be based off one of these options.
I hope you're right. This will mean the Sentra will return to independent rear suspension instead of the multilink bar design. Since the FF-L platform can take a AWD system, I wish they'll make the SE-R AWD as well. That'll be tight.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:35 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: G35coupe

Originally posted by dctwo
Or you could've looked on the lineup I posted and seen that it is not available in Japan yet, only in the US now
Old 01-07-2003, 11:07 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

What I meant was that they're probably going to base the Sentra off a different platform than the FF-L. Who knows what the suspension layout will be, although my guess is that they're trying to banish the twist-beam rear axle for good. Even if it's just simple mac struts that would be an improvement.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:56 PM
asianautica

Who knows, maybe they'll use a shorten version of the FF-L. If it's like any of their new cars, they're really decreasing the # of platform and engine. All V6 will use the same engine, all V8 will also be the same. All car based Infiniti will probably be on the FM platform. So I don't see why not just use the FF-L for all FF platform. With a tweaked of course. Shorten wheel base will probably do the trick. That way, they don't need to spend to much $$ and time in R&D. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:57 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by asianautica
Who knows, maybe they'll use a shorten version of the FF-L. If it's like any of their new cars, they're really decreasing the # of platform and engine. All V6 will use the same engine, all V8 will also be the same. All car based Infiniti will probably be on the FM platform. So I don't see why not just use the FF-L for all FF platform. With a tweaked of course. Shorten wheel base will probably do the trick. That way, they don't need to spend to much $$ and time in R&D. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
yeah, they might as well put a 3.5VQ in the sentra, right?