Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the two Concepts?
Accord is badass, Si is ugly
25.00%
Si is badass, Accord is ugly
6.25%
They both badass!
40.63%
They both fugly!
6.25%
They may be ugly, but they have the performance to back it up
21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Honda Accord Coupe Concept & Civic Si Concept

Old 11-05-2002, 11:53 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda Accord Coupe Concept & Civic Si Concept

Accord Coupe Concept

With the debut of the completely redesigned 2003 Honda Accord comes a new realm of possibilities for customization. Envisioned and customized by Honda, the 2003 Honda Accord Concept Coupe exemplifies a new direction to a platform that has traditionally been among the most popular in the industry to modify. Now with an available 240-horsepower V-6 engine and a six-speed manual transmission, the performance demeanor of the Accord has increased to a new level. The Accord Concept Coupe goes a few steps further and strives to integrate useful modifications that give it even more horsepower, lower curb weight, increase handling performance, and improve acceleration and braking to practically race-ready levels.

Powertrain/Chassis Modifications: High-flow intake and exhaust, 300-horsepower 3.2-liter V-6 engine, limited slip differential, semi-manual 6-speed transmission, prototype 8-piston Brembo brakes, lowered racing suspension and widened track. Exterior Modifications: Carbon fiber body kit (includes bumpers, side sills, grill and underbody diffuser), dual aluminum integrated exhaust ports, aluminum/carbon fiber rear wing, black chrome finish headlights and taillights, 20-inch black chrome wheels, Bridgestone Potenza S03 235/45 ZR20 tires, fender flares and NSX Spa Yellow paint. Interior Modifications: F1-style paddle shifter on steering wheel, prototype multifunction meter display with on-board diagnostics, Sparco carbon/Kevlar backed bucket seats covered in Alcantera suede, 4-point front seat harnesses, three-spoke racing steering wheel, aluminum sport pedals.

-----------------------------------
Civic Si Concept

The 2003 Honda Civic Si Concept delivers hard-hitting power and showcases the adaptability of the Si to aerodynamic enhancements and other customization. Modified with a prototype GReddy turbocharger for street use, the Civic Si Concept produces 230-horsepower. Underneath, the Civic Si Concept employs a Honda-developed racing suspension with a widened track and ultra high-performance springs, shock absorbers, Brembo brakes, 18-inch wheels and more. The Honda CBR motorcycle red paint taps into Honda's championship-winning motorcycle racing heritage. Parts of the body that channel air for cooling and heat exhaustion are constructed of nickel carbon fiber. The interior houses carbon fiber race seats and a Mugen digital display replaces the traditional gauges with a multi-program LCD screen that can convey extensive engine information. An additional Mugen information center with an LCD screen mounted on the center of the instrument panel provides additional on-board diagnostics.

Powertrain/Chassis Modifications: GReddy T518Z Turbocharger with integral wastgate, prototype GReddy front-mounted intercooler kit with aluminum piping, GReddy Airinx high-flow intake system, GReddy e-manage engine control manager, GReddy Profec E-01 electronic boost controller (with e-manage programmer), widened track, Factory Performance sport suspension, center mounted high-flow exhaust system, 4-piston Brembo brake system. Exterior Modifications: Rally-inspired body kit, 18-inch polished titanium-finish wheels, carbon fiber grill, front intake and rear bumper diffuser, black chrome finish headlights and smoked taillights, high-mounted 2-stage rear wing. Interior Modifications: Mugen carbon fiber and Kevlar race seats covered in red Alcantera suede with 6-point racing harness, sport 3-spoke steering wheel, aluminum pedals and shift knob, Mugen high performance LCD screen gauge package, center mounted information display.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:00 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

God damn, they are both ass ugly. especially the Si. But the Accord has a freed up J32A2 and the Si has a GReddy turbo, so they get some props.

20 inch wheels on the Accord with S-03's? That is CRAZY.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:02 PM
asianautica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the Si can be mod at all. I look at the engine bay and it's the tiniest engine bay I've ever seen. It doesn't even have room for a strut bar. I wonder how any kind of F/I will fit in there.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:04 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by asianautica
I wonder if the Si can be mod at all. I look at the engine bay and it's the tiniest engine bay I've ever seen. It doesn't even have room for a strut bar. I wonder how any kind of F/I will fit in there.
"Modified with a prototype GReddy turbocharger for street use"

Translation to Engrish: It has a GReddy turbo that is going to be available for the stock USDM Civic Si in the near future, this is just a prototype of it.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Troopa-R

the Accord Concept Coupe looks alright. The yellow paint was a big mistake though. The wing looks out of place. But the interior looks amazing (as always)

The Si Concept... ::sigh:: Honda needs to trash this car, and bring us a real, high revving, low weight Si. With the aero kit covering up the grille, the Si Concept looks exactly like a Suzuki Aerio.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:06 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Eternal RSXness
the Accord Concept Coupe looks alright. The yellow paint was a big mistake though. The wing looks out of place. But the interior looks amazing (as always)

The Si Concept... ::sigh:: Honda needs to trash this car, and bring us a real, high revving, low weight Si. With the aero kit covering up the grille, the Si Concept looks exactly like a Suzuki Aerio.
I agree totally. And what was Honda thinking with the Hybrid/5 door front grille? It's plain/ugly on the Hybrid, it's ugly here.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:19 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by asianautica
Where did you get this article? Is there proof?
:rofl: :slap:

Anyway, I think the Accord looks damn good. Rims could stand to be two inches smaller (Why do they do that on concepts?).

The front is okay, but I really like the rear end. The wing is a little much, but at least it follows with the aerodynamics of the car unlike aftermarket wings, whose job is to be as tall as possible.

For some freakish reason I actually like the two-tone on the back. Front and skirts... not so much.

I'd drive it. :thumbup:

The SI concept is well... still an SI. :down:
Old 11-05-2002, 12:22 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

You spelled Alcantra wrong. :fawk:

I like both of em. The red CF in the Si's interior doesn't quite do it for me but overall I really like both concepts. The Accord's interior looks amazing. Now if they had bolted in the 280 hp normally aspirated motor from the BTCC CTR into the Si, that would really get my attention. Of course slapping on a turbo impresses the ricers who show up to SEMA so the reasoning behind that choice is rather obvious.

And to all the Si haters, please tell me that if there was an RSX-S motor under the hood that you guys would be complaining as much as you are. I do think that Honda missed the marketing with this one since the car is a bit odd-looking and doesn't have any standout technical features which would make the ricers flock.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:30 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
You spelled Alcantra wrong. :fawk:
I pray you're kidding :fawk:

This is all for ricers, just like the RSX Concept...although it seems like alot of wasted money for such a small audience to impress.

qt, I like the back too. Probably because it's a diffuser and serves a purpose, unlike the side and front black skirts. I also hate huge wheels...it's all for ricers.

MFB, If the K20A3 was under there I wouldn't ***** quite as much...especially if it didn't have hella body roll. But as it stands it's an underpowered, goofy looking, soft hatchback. The turbo is a bit showy...I agree, a nice K20A3 under there tuned N/A like the RSX Concept's was would impress me alot more.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:50 PM
yianni64

I like the Accord. I want to see it in black. I think i'd match the bottom better. And i dont like the lack of a normal front bumper. I dunno, it just looks like its missing something. All those Powertrain/Chassis Modifications: are frickin awesome. I think we might see some of em (300hp 3.2L, semi-manual etc) in the next CL if there is one.

The Si is ok. If they sold that Si for the same price as the current one, itll be something else. But they dont.