Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

5 Door Civic Type S

Old 01-29-2003, 05:01 PM
rick
not noob?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
Exact same thing.

in other words waste of my money.

even at an advertised selling price of $16K I've only seen 2 or 3 of them in the past 1month or so.

I think they're the same 2 or 3 i saw while back because they all have plates now.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:21 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Wow, when this thread surfaced the first time people got real worked up about what amounts to nothing more than a five-door version of our Civic Si.

Sadly, in the category of tall pointy hot hatch I think the SVT Focus does a better job.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:33 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
Wow, when this thread surfaced the first time people got real worked up about what amounts to nothing more than a five-door version of our Civic Si.

Sadly, in the category of tall pointy hot hatch I think the SVT Focus does a better job.
I still wish Honda would bring it over. We need a 5 door Civic, and the Si powerplant would be fine, thanks.

The SVT Focus ownz this category
Old 01-29-2003, 06:13 PM
qtiger

If they would just buckle down and either A) Give the Civic SI the K20A2 or B) Give the Civic SI the tranny from the CTR, it would all be good.

Or give the Civic SI the K20A2 and the RSX-S the K20A2 with Type-R tranny... mmm...
Old 01-29-2003, 08:31 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Don't get me wrong the SVT Focus is nothing amazing, it just is a pretty good overall package for the price. A friend of mine bought one back around Thanksgiving time, I've driven it once or twice. Nice, but kind of reminds me of an Audi. I say that because it feels like a VW that's had some more thought put into its tuning but can't overcome the fact that it's still a VW. Except it's a Ford. Complicated, I know.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:49 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by MrFatBooty

Not really. It handles well, but the powertrain, gearbox, ride quality, and interior fit and finish blow. Give a Civic Si....I'd spend a couple extra grand to lose the skateboard tires and lower the suspension....I'd be running exacly what the SVT does.