Notices

no more wing, me likes :-)

Old 07-17-2002, 07:01 AM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bumnah
you are the first person i've met who wants to plug up his holes, and not smooth it out again
i think joebenz plugged up his holes, not sure tho.

and i agree with patrick, i don't like the idea of non-reversible mods either.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:14 AM
wraithsgsr

I have been wanting to put in an LED brake light in my hatch and then put on a type R wing, since i think a wings west type R wing with the LED in doesnt look good. Woudl you be so kind as to tell what you need and what you did to mount the LED brake light in your hatch.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:05 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

Originally posted by reno96teg

i think joebenz plugged up his holes, not sure tho.

and i agree with patrick, i don't like the idea of non-reversible mods either.
yeah but you can always redrill the holes. :thumbup:
-----
Old 07-17-2002, 08:06 AM
StyleTEG
Make me an offer

I like it! Very sleeper

most will assume its a LS/GS . The only hint is the GSR rims, but those look aftermarket with the new paint.

Last edited by StyleTEG; 07-17-2002 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:34 AM
b00gers

joe uses white tape to cover his holes.....

i like how it looks....why dont you put the orange corners back in to match the sidemarker....hehe just seen that ur car is a 94.

looks good though.:thumbup:
Old 07-17-2002, 09:39 AM
daLixz25

I like the look of the wingless teg. I just bought a 96 GSR a few weeks ago (Dark Metallic Green) and I am also thinking of removing the wing and gunmetalling the rims (5 spoke GSR)....at least until i get my Rota Slipstreams. Anyhow, can you explain the process of removing the wing and things to look out for? And as far as painting the rims as well...? Feel free to email me if you dont want to post in the thread.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:41 AM
daLixz25

hehhe, btw, where can I order the amber sidemarkers as well. I'm not tryin to bite your style or anything...more or less just jockin I like the JDM/sleeper look for the tegs...
Old 07-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Black2KGSR

I don't like wingless tegs...but if you like it, that's all that matters.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:13 AM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

If you search for posts by me, you will find one from recently where I talked about painting the wheels. However I'm going to strip them w/ aircraft stripper (to remove ALL the factory clearcoat) and repaint them w/ primer (didn't use primer this time, edges are already starting to flake off).

To remove the wing, you tug the inner plastic panel down a bit to unplug the harness, unbolt the 4 10mm bolts, and remove the wing. To get the LED out, unscrew the 4 screws to get the LED off the wing, and then unplug the 2 small wire connectors. Attach a string or piece of wire to the wire harness (where it comes out by the LED), and then pull the harness out of the wing. The string or wire will allow you to thread the harness back in if you want to put the wing back on at some point. What I did was put some pieces of foam mounting tape on each end of the LED and stuck it to the trim inside the glass. There is a small square panel that can be removed to thread the LED harness through. You can trim a tiny notch out of that small panel so that you can put it back in but still have the wires passing through.

Yeah the 94-97 bumper lights look crappy IMHO. I painted mine full amber w/ Krylon stained glass spray paint, but it didn't come out very well. Oh well, I'm going for the non-USDM look anyway (clear bumper lights w/ amber bulbs, amber sidemarkers), just my personal preference.

The sidemarkers are just some clear imitation OEM Integra markers, which I painted orange w/ some Tamiya clear orange paint. I first did it back in November, and they had just started to fade slightly, so I just brushed on another thin coat of the orange paint about a month or so ago.

And the plugs are going to stay. Sure I would love for it to be smooth, but since I don't want to do non-reversible mods (and would not want to redrill the holes, either), and don't have the money to spend on that, I think color-matched plugs will suffice.

I don't think shaving a larger plug to fit a smaller hole will work. I will try to take a close-up pic of the spare 7/8" plug I have later on tonight to show you why.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:21 AM
ISS Elite R
New Image PIMP

lookin good bro.:thumbup:

Quick Reply: no more wing, me likes :-)