Notices

Attn: Ingalls Front Camber Kit Owners/Experts

Old 06-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: Ingalls Front Camber Kit Owners/Experts

Hey guys,

After looking at the DIY thread on lubricating the kit, a few questions came to mind. BTW, I had my kit installed from a trusted shop about april last year. They started to squeak maybe a few months ago, maybe longer. I totally thought the squeaking was from my coilover sleeves, but after talking to WiLL, he convinced me it was my camber kit. He was right.

1. Out of the 4 adjusters, i was only able to get 1 rubber/metal bushing out. Even if i used the hammer technique they didnt budge. The one that did come out, kinda just fell out since it was so loose (this was the source of the squeaking). I used Valvoline lithium grease on the rubber, inside the metal cylinder, anywhere that seemed to have frictional contact. Will this have any negative impact on the longevity of the rubber?

2. I called Ingalls tech support on the torque spec of the horizontal bolts, and they said 22ft lbs. When i used 22, it seemed too tight because the Ingalls pieces werent able to freely pivot, so I hand tightened them to what felt "right". Is it better to leave it on the loose side, or the tight side? I dont want it to bind, but i dont want it to fall apart...

3. When i had the kit installed last year, my guy didnt reinstall the "bridge" from the stock upper A arm mounting points. I drove my car this way for the whole year until this morning, when i hammered them off the old parts, and reinstalled it. Would this explain why my steering felt kind of "loose" prior to installing the bridge? How important is this bridge? I feel kinda dumb not having it there for so long....

Ok! sorry for the long post, but thanks for all your help
Old 06-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Spec R

bump
Old 06-08-2003, 08:05 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

I installed these on my 1990 Integra. I read and followed the directions (they are sorta unclear IMO) and it worked fine. The only thing I took OFF of the kit was the brass ring on each piece. The directions say this is used only for Civics. I only put grease on the plastic itself and some naturally got in the hole (inside the bushing). I also followed the torque specs on the directions and no bridge came with the kit so I assumed it wasn't needed. I never had any squeaking or slipping for the 6 or so months that I had the kit on my car.