Notices

any of you guys have experiences with h&r sports and stock shocks?

Old 06-30-2002, 04:11 PM
integra-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any of you guys have experiences with h&r sports and stock shocks?

any of you guys have experiences with h&r sports and stock shocks? I'm curious how that ride quality and handling would be and how long they'd last? tia
Old 06-30-2002, 08:42 PM
UVAzN

I am running the H&R sports on my stock shocks and it's been fine. Put it on last Aug, its been on for about 13k miles and not a problem at all. Ride is noticably stiffer b/c of the springs, and the ride quality is great. Not too harsh, but noticably sportier. Body roll on turns is also greatly reduced.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:43 PM
UVAzN

So far the shocks have kept well, but keep in mind my car was virtually brand new (2k miles) when I put them on last year.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:16 AM
Nico///M3
M3 Pimpster

if your gonna put on a set of H&R sports on your ryde you gotta change the shocks ESP if your shocks are old and are stock. if you havent changed them since youve had the car or the fact that you know you havent had any suspension work done youll regret not changing them when installing your springs cuz itll end up in a bouncy ride.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:03 AM
gsr44

i've had the h&r sports on my car for almost 2 years now, and i'm barely beginning to notice the extra "bounciness" of the stock shocks. car is a daily driver and has seen the drag strip maybe 3 times since the springs were put on. if money permits, i might be getting either kyb's or koni yellows come fall. my car is a 98, so that should give you an idea of the condition of the shocks when the springs were put in. if your car is still fairly new and you havent really put the suspension to that much work, i'm pretty sure the stock shocks should last you at least a year depending on your driving habits.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:44 AM
integra-boy

yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. If I were to get new performance shocks at the same time as I get the springs, my stock shocks would probably be thrown in the garbage. So, I really don't have anything to lose. If my stock shocks eventually blow, I'll simply get new ones (konis or whatever). The only downside I see in doing it this way is paying for the installation twice... but I'll be installing them myself so theres absolutely no problem.
Also, a buddy of mine has a 98 camaro and its dropped about 1.5"+ and he still uses his stock shocks. Another friend of mine has a 93 GTI dropped on H&R sports and he still has stocks shocks in the front and tockico's in the back. None of these guys have any problems and their ride qualities are perfect. So I'm going to give it a shot (putting on H&R sports springs with stock shocks) but imo it should work fine. Its obviously in the best business interest of aftermarket shock companies to make you think the you absolutely need their product. But maybe you don't. Maybe our honda high performance shocks are good enough to handle a 1.5" drop?

BTW I have a 2000 gsr, 65k.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:54 AM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

Stock Integra shocks (non-ITR) really aren't much for high performance. Just so you know, I have H&R Sport on Koni shocks, and the front is probably closer to 2" dropped after settling (I'm guessing since I didn't measure, but I have ~2.25 deg. neg camber in front). With my rear shocks on the lowest perch setting, it's right at a 2" drop from stock. The front perches are at the stock height. I highly recommend aftermarket shocks that can handle the drop and the increased spring rate (stock shocks can do neither).