Notices

Experiences with integra gs/rs/se auto tranny

Old 06-27-2002, 07:46 AM
IntegraFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experiences with integra gs/rs/se auto tranny

Could anyone share their experiences with the ****ty auto tranny of the integra se?

How well does it ride and shift and problem areas you have noticed.

I have

1995 integra se auto
koni yellows
eibach sportline
potenza s03's
4-2-1 header
2.25" exhaust
ngk plugs/wires
aem cold air intake

And what I can share is that my tranny seems to hold well at WOT but at low speeds it is very jerky at low speeds but fine depending on how you're handling the gas pedal. It seems very slow to react.

Has anyone who put in a turbo noticed a reduction of jerking or is my tranny just dying?
Old 06-27-2002, 05:22 PM
chicagovelocity
raw dawgin'

I have the same ride you do...

Do you shift at all? or do you just keep it in D3/D4?
Old 06-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Taiwanze7

the tranny isn't made to handle power, *going through my second one* and its still having problems
Old 06-27-2002, 07:56 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by Taiwanze7
the tranny isn't made to handle power, *going through my second one* and its still having problems
what happened to the first? also what mods do you have?
Old 06-28-2002, 06:55 AM
IntegraFreak

Originally posted by chicagovelocity
I have the same ride you do...

Do you shift at all? or do you just keep it in D3/D4?
When I'm doing driving on small streets that I don't need to go above 75-80 km/h I leave it in D3, when I hit above 80, I hit D4. I retrograde to D3 when I want to slow down before a red light. I also found that when engaging in a curve, 3/4 way, D4->D3 for re-accelerating seems to work well. I never use D1-D2.

Has anyone changed their crank shaft pulley with a lighter URacing and has it made a big difference on torque/throttle response or would I just be wasting my money? I'm also wondering if a digital ignition with a high voltage coil help the weak powerband in the low rpms with the integra automatic.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:56 AM
IntegraFreak

Originally posted by WiLL

what happened to the first? also what mods do you have?
According to some sources, they claim that the auto tranny can safely handle up to 300-400HP without modification.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:04 AM
okareem

Default Re: Experiences with integra gs/rs/se auto tranny

Originally posted by IntegraFreak
Could anyone share their experiences with the ****ty auto tranny of the integra se?

How well does it ride and shift and problem areas you have noticed.

I have

1995 integra se auto
koni yellows
eibach sportline
potenza s03's
4-2-1 header
2.25" exhaust
ngk plugs/wires
aem cold air intake

And what I can share is that my tranny seems to hold well at WOT but at low speeds it is very jerky at low speeds but fine depending on how you're handling the gas pedal. It seems very slow to react.

Has anyone who put in a turbo noticed a reduction of jerking or is my tranny just dying?

yo, i'm thinking of putting same mods as you-I/H/E on my auto- did you feel a significant increase or not really?
Old 07-01-2002, 12:41 PM
IntegraFreak

Default Re: Re: Experiences with integra gs/rs/se auto tranny

Originally posted by okareem

yo, i'm thinking of putting same mods as you-I/H/E on my auto- did you feel a significant increase or not really?
on my auto, i/h/e is good. The mod I found contributed less to all my expenditure is probably the exhaust. Don't get short cai, they suck for auto.

As far as the combo of those three mods, providing you got 2.25 in exhaust the whole way, I would say they add about 20-30 whp to the car.

I had a B&M fuel pressure modifier which I found was useful for upping my fuel pressure to 39 psi which compensated for some defiencies in air/fuel with the i/h/e mods... its about 65$ or something.

My suggestion for auto owners:

get the cold air intake, no bypass valve, it sounds awesome and unleashes good power.

Get a dc sports header, 2.25 in exhaust downpipe and a 2.25 in cat converter (I use magnaflow) but then again, if you turbo, you better wait on the header and exhaust, they won't be good.

The exhaust muffler was the piece that was expensive and contributed least to power gains and it is the last piece I would have bought if I had to do it again.

If you are serious about your car, the auto tranny is the biggest deficiency in this model and needs to be reworked (torque converter with higher stall speed, etc. etc., clutches, plates, etc. see www.levelten.com)

If you're gonna spend ANY money, make sure you are willing to invest in the tranny, otherwise, modding this car will make it not worth all the money you're gonna put into it. sell it...

My next upgrades are digital ignition MSD 6AL, redoing my entire tranny with level 10, and finish off with a supercharger.

CONCLUSION:

The Integra automatic is one of those cars that requires a lot of thought before investing in it unfortunetaly. If I had the GSR, I would not think twice about upgrading it with an awesome turbo kit and all the mods you can think of. But you got to weigh your options on this integra automatic.

Last edited by IntegraFreak; 07-01-2002 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:59 PM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

simply i swap the tran to standard~~
haha and feels super nice

Good luck with you auto tran guys
i have a G3 00' GS by the way