Notices

Where's the best places to buy rims and tires?

Old 02-10-2003, 06:09 PM
shockwave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WWW.JAYDM.com my friend runs it so i know for a fact they are legit! good prices on all kinds of rotas too
Old 02-10-2003, 06:26 PM
surferkai

thanks for the tips. what makes a wheel better than the others? is it the weight or just manufacturing techniques or what? you guys have been pretty helpful. but i still haven't gotten any suggestions for a shop i can go to in orange county. are the major tire and wheel dealers no good? anyway, sorry so many questions. i just don't wanna waste my money, ya know? thanks again.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:42 PM
LudeRage

www.groupbuycenter.com if you want some Rotas...450 for 4 wheels (15")....the lighter the better acceleration you'll have but also take into consideration that a 13 lb 15" wheel will accelerate faster than a 13 lb 17" wheel. Also, you might want to make sure that the brand makes their wheels tough so you don't dent it backing over a curb or what not. I'd go for Rotas...cheap, dependable, and excellent replicas of wheels three or four times their price. You might want to check out the groupbuy going on for Rota Gridlines in 16"...they're a Volk TE-37 replica, very snazzy baby
Old 02-10-2003, 07:11 PM
shockwave

www.jaydm.com has a shop in san diego if u dont mind driving i can give u a contact they are a good company... but in OC i dunno =\ sorry gl
Old 02-11-2003, 08:13 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

To decide on wheels and tires, you should think about how much money you want to spend and whether or not you're concerned with actually having a high performance tire. So far you've only posed very general questions, perhaps you should be a bit more specific.
Originally posted by Diabolik
:down:

Go with Rotas. Konigs blow hard, IMO
Many Konig and Rota wheels are in fact, identical.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Integrashun

Originally posted by surferkai
have you gotten wheels from these guys? i heard on another posting board that they have really bad customer service and that sometimes the rims look different than what is shown in the pic on the website. but i don't have any personal experience with them, so i don't know for sure. that is why i figured i should post on here and see what you guys have to say. thanks for your input.

p.s. i'm kinda pulling towards Konig rims.
yes i've dealt with them.
i wouldnt reccomend them if i haven't dealt with them.
they have never gven me a problem.
and my rims are perfect =)
Old 02-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Diabolik
Has an M3 now...

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
To decide on wheels and tires, you should think about how much money you want to spend and whether or not you're concerned with actually having a high performance tire. So far you've only posed very general questions, perhaps you should be a bit more specific.

Many Konig and Rota wheels are in fact, identical.
Some maybe. Hey I'm not a Rota fan either cause I don't like copies, but if I had a choce between the two, Rota for sure because of the weight and the great reputation they have.

-Diabolik