Notices

RS*R Lowering Springs

Old 12-06-2002, 09:40 PM
rufus``

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS*R Lowering Springs

Right now i have Eibach Sportline springs on my car, and Im thinking of getting some RS*R springs. which is a more performance oriented spring? the "down" springs or the Race springs? race drops to about 2.0" and the Down is around 1.5" (as per the website im looking at).

will i see a good performance gain from these springs as compared to the sportlines? or should i just leave it the way it is?

ive had no problems with the sportlines, and am trying to shore up the suspension in my car. if the springs are excellent, i shall try to get the RS*R's and install them with some adjustable shocks, as my stock ones arent going to survive the winter.

thanks for any insight/suggestions
Old 12-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Clean00GSR
B18c1 >*

did you get a good drop from the sportlines? any wheel gap?
Old 12-07-2002, 09:39 PM
rufus``

the wheel gap is down to two fingers tall from being able to fit all four fingers between the fender and the wheel with room to spare, so im satisfied with that, but i want to get some more performance out of the car.

any money where i live has the worst paved roads in north america (yes even worse than detroit and earthquaked cali)
there isnt one peice of road that doesnt have a crack, hole or hump in it, and i havent bottomed out yet during just normal driving. driveways however...
Old 12-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

A good way to check the "performance" aspect of the spring is via the springrates. Linear rates >> progressive rates. It'll give you a harsher ride, but that's the trade-off between performance and luxo.

With that said I don't know anything about the RS*R's.

Shingo
Old 12-07-2002, 10:25 PM
rufus``

it seems that the down series is progressive and the race springs are linear in nature....

it is quite difficult to compare unless you have had both springs on your car.

i can just get the RS*R's for a really good price and even sell my sportlines at a profit if i want. im just not sure what i want to do