Notices

WATER in spark plug hole??????

Old 12-01-2002, 04:36 PM
t3t4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WATER in spark plug hole??????

Ok my friend just bought a gsr and we were just tearing it down to check stuff out but we ran into water when we pulled the 3rd cylinder spark plug wire out, so we took the valve cover off and looked into the hole easier and there is water sitting around the spark plug itself. Now what the hell is wrong with this thing? It was hesitating when you first hit the gas but would pick up after that, could this be causing that problem? And how do we fix it or should he get rid of the car?

thanks
Old 12-01-2002, 06:47 PM
pomansouth

well soak it up forst and see if it was the prob and also see if the water comes back. the water might have gotten there from someone washing the motor. So therefore it could be something serious but it could also be something very minor
Old 12-02-2002, 04:28 AM
t3t4

Default THANKS

Thanks bro, ill check that out " the motor was recently washed right after he bought the car"
Old 12-02-2002, 05:45 AM
b00gers

yea, try to find out what caused it.

someone correct me, but couldnt you get rid of water in there by pulling the plugs and cranking the engine?
Old 12-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Madtekniques
cryoteknical

This happened with my ex-gf's car and it was simply from washing the engine bay and some water getting in there. We soaked up the water with a paper towel and the hesitations went away. My guess thoug is that if it's been there for a long time it could be a lot more serious. As poomansouth said, soak it up first then see how it runs.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Tobra

Originally posted by WiLL
yea, try to find out what caused it.

someone correct me, but couldnt you get rid of water in there by pulling the plugs and cranking the engine?
Probably, but I would use compressed air to blow it out, remove the plug when water is gone. I would think that if water got in the cylinder, it would not all come out when the piston pushed it up by the exhaust valve, which would be trouble.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:52 PM
b00gers

ohhh sorry. i thought he pulled the plug itself also.

let me retact my statement. just soak it up with a towel or blow it out like they said. see if the plug wires are sealed right.