Notices

Exedy, ACT, or Clutch Masters

Old 10-19-2002, 08:31 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by newgsrdriver
Nope. Ive also heard of Exedy's going south when you put any kind of decent power to it. They are not durable clutches, and honestly they sell so well because theyre dirt cheap.

You get what you pay for!
very true...i wouldn't go cheap on something of this importance to your engine.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:38 PM
tilt

how reliable are the exedy racing clutches as opposed to the exedy oe clutches?
Old 07-28-2003, 11:51 AM
r4integra
R is for Racing!

My OEM factory clutch lasted me 90k miles... since then, I added just bolt ons, I/H/E and I do not see any major engine mods coming in the near future. Since the Exedy's are OEM replacement (same product if I get it at the dealership), shouldn't I have the same longetivity as long I don't abuse it? I currently have CM stage 3 and I am not very satisfied for daily driver usage including the fact that I don't have any sort of major mods such as F/I, which is what the clutch was made for.

I was thinking I will save money on the Exedy and buy a lightened flywheel with the $ I saved.

One other question, will I need to take the transmission off to replace my clutch?
Old 07-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Spec R

Originally posted by r4integra
I was thinking I will save money on the Exedy and buy a lightened flywheel with the $ I saved.

One other question, will I need to take the transmission off to replace my clutch?
Sounds like a plan. Yes. you'll need to unbolt the transmission from your engine.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:30 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by r4integra
My OEM factory clutch lasted me 90k miles... since then, I added just bolt ons, I/H/E and I do not see any major engine mods coming in the near future. Since the Exedy's are OEM replacement (same product if I get it at the dealership), shouldn't I have the same longetivity as long I don't abuse it? I currently have CM stage 3 and I am not very satisfied for daily driver usage including the fact that I don't have any sort of major mods such as F/I, which is what the clutch was made for.

The Exedy racing clutches are even harder than stock. It'll last just as long.

When Nick spoke about grenading clutches, he was probably referring to turboed and supercharged cars.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:30 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Drumsy has an Exedy organic clutch and a Fidanza flywheel on his GS-R. I've driven it a couple of times and it felt great, just a tad bit stiffer than stock. I'll be purchasing one in the near future because I don't want to be stuck in rush hour traffic driving a teg with an unbearably stiff clutch:nono: :doh: :down: