Notices

Need a good suspension setup.

Old 08-05-2002, 09:15 AM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good suspension setup.

What is a good suspension setup for an 01GSR. Right now I just have the stock rims and suspension. I may just keep the stock rims on or maybe get some Rota Subzero 15's. What is a good suspension setup for my car?

Keep in mind I do not like the look of slammed Integra's. I also need a decent ride hight since I drive in snow during the winter and live in a hilly area so low cars scrape a lot. I also don't want a harsh ride.

What would happen if I decided to get 17's after I had my suspension done.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Eibach Springs + Koni yellows seems to be popular, as are H&R + KGYB shocks (?)

Problem with springs is exactly what you mentioned: what to do when getting bigger wheels. Unless you're getting super low-profile tires, 17" wheels will raise the ride height of your car.

I would normally recommend getting Ground Control + Koni Yellow (adjustability + custom spring rates) BUT I'm having issues with my ground controls (FROZEN rear perches/ineffective hex wrench). Most people have no issues with them though.

Shingo
Old 08-05-2002, 11:19 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running a KYB AGX/Ground-Control combo. It's good for the price and both products are nothing but quality.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:28 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Originally posted by DC2
I'm running a KYB AGX/Ground-Control combo. It's good for the price and both products are nothing but quality.
DC2 maybe you could help me with my question ( a bunch of honda-tech guys have the same problem and can't figure it out). You know the perches have a place for you to put in a hex-wrench to adjust the perch right? Well, my rear ground-control perches are FROZEN. I have a hex-wrench set, and of the 2 that fit, neither can turn to unlock the perch. Interesting thing is my front perches adjust just fine without unlocking, but the hex wrench doesn't seem to do anything to those either. Are you even supposed to be able to loosen the perches when adjusting? The problem is either in the hex-wrench socket (frozen bolt/bad wrench) or (assuming I'm an idiot and the perches aren't supposed to loosen) then my sleeves are dirty and causing my perches to jam. If I don't get a response I'll probably post this as a seperate topic. Thanks

Shingo
Old 08-05-2002, 10:52 PM
RpG~^_^~LauRnO

TEIN SS or HA
great setups
Old 08-06-2002, 03:41 AM
UVAzN

I've actually just got H&R sports on with the stock shocks right now. The ride is great, it's not slammed, but it looks really good. If you want to go with shocks too, I've heard nothing but good things about koni yellows.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:34 AM
DeadLock23

Hey BonzoAPD I know you, lol.

anyway I just ordered my H&R sport springs and KYB AGX adjustables. A good setup for you would be the H&R OEM, they are .75 drop all around, not too low but lower, and you can use the tokico premium shocks (since I dont think you will be doing any type of autoX, otherwise an adjustable shock would do)

After that, you can get comptech lower sway bars and rear strut bar, and you should feel a great difference in handeling.

hope that helps.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:36 AM
DeadLock23

Originally posted by UVAzN
I've actually just got H&R sports on with the stock shocks right now. The ride is great, it's not slammed, but it looks really good. If you want to go with shocks too, I've heard nothing but good things about koni yellows.
I just ordered my H&R, but I'm going to use them with KYB AGX adjustables, I've seen them before they look great and give an awsome ride and performance.

can't wait to get them.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:51 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ShingoBlade- So far I haven't had any trouble in terms of adjusting the perches. You're supposed to loosen the hex bolts before you adjust them. If they're frozen, give them a good coat of WD-40, let it marinate and see if it breaks loose. The dirt in the threads can break up the smoothness of the perch adjustment. Every time you do plan on adjusting it, wipe off as much dirt as you can. It may be a bad sign if you can adjust your perches without having to loosen the hex bolt. You may be grinding the threads or the hex bolt wasn't stiff enough. What I use is a hex wrench key set that folds out like a swiss army knife, gives me more torque to break the hex bolt loose.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:55 AM
InspiredRacer

Ground control is the best sleeve kit you can buy for the integra. Put antiseeze on the perch bolts and make sure you hit the whole assembly with some cleaner every now and then to keep layers of crap from jamming them. How much money do you want to spend. Tein anre true coil-overs and are fully adjustable. Tokico 5 ways will work just as well as koni bec the price difference goes towards sway bars. A GSR with a stock rear sway bar is wasting its time. Suspension techniques has a great tuned set and for the radical their speedtech kit has a unique lower tie bar built in. I saw the same comptech kit(more money) lift the rear tire to the moon(not good). Koni are great shocks but the sway bars are what will make the differene.

Quick Reply: Need a good suspension setup.