Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

ZC Engine (1.6 DOHC) questions

Old 04-16-2003, 06:25 PM
bboygraphix
your.mom.loves.me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZC Engine (1.6 DOHC) SWAP mod questions

hey guys, i havent posted here in AGES (i used to be active back in 1999 and 2000). anyways, the other day i sucked water into my engine via my AEM. cold water + hot engine = NO GOOD! anyways, to make a long story short, my old engine is now dead and my friend hooked me up with a 1.6 DOHC ZC engine from japan (her dad owns a motor importing company...).

basically, i was wondering if anyone had any specs or knew anything about modding this engine. my friend is doing the swap for me, however i want to know if my AEM intake will work on it? i assume not, since its an entirely different engine. also, i really want to know what kind of mods i can do... since this engine isnt made here in the US, im really not sure what parts i can use and where i can buy parts for this engine... thanks in advance..

and for your viewing pleasure:

inside the werehouse / 1.6 ZC engine (DOHC)

japanese type R engines

1.6 DOHC ZC up close / integra Type R (B18C)

literally 100's of japanese engines (on the walls too!) / Civic Type R

anyone know what engine this is? im guessing it's a japanese SE-R engine
Old 04-17-2003, 04:44 AM
v4lu3s

last engine looks like a bluebird sr20det, either AWD or FWD.

as far as mods its pretty much the same as the late 80s integra engines or the 88-91 civic/crx engines with an extra cam, i think power is right around 128-130 though.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:19 PM
STEALTH_GSR

If you install the ZC, the hood might not fully close, when my dad put a B18c5 in his CRX, the hood did'nt clos. Ever see the JDM crx's with the little bump on the hood? It's because of the enigne. It might or might not, I'm asuming it won't.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:11 PM
smudge

Check here.It may help.ZC aftermarket