Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Erratic Idle.. PLEASE HELP

Old 04-15-2003, 02:02 AM
doctorvtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratic Idle.. PLEASE HELP

Last night I installed a Gude 64mm Throttle Body (Used), Integra Type R Intake Manifold, AEM Fuel Rail, and a B&M Commandflo on my 94 Del Sol VTEC. After I was ready I fired it up, UH OH. Erratic idle. The car will sit and rev up and down between 2-3k RPM when cold, and 1-2k RPM when warm. Being a parts king, I have a ton of stuff laying around, so I swapped FIT Valves, swapped IAC's, swapped MAP Sensors, messed with the purge solenoid, and check for leaks, NOTHING.

Now, the car is not throwing up and codes, and is friggin rolling HARD when you get it moving. Could this be a case of a bad TPS? That really is one of the only things I can think of, but wouldnt I get a code?

If anyone can help me, please step up. I was up all night diagnosing this thing to no evail. I need to fix this so I can drop in my Crower Stage 2's next week, that should really open up my headwork!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:44 AM
doctorsohc
I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!

sounds like a vacuum leak to me - also check idle air screw.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:47 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a vac leak or air in your cooling system.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:16 PM
crxb16er

yah if uve got a needle bouncing up on down its probably a vacume leak for sure, check all ur hoses going to the intake manifold make sure they are all connected correctly also look for cracks or leaks, if its not that u may have a leak around the connecting surface of the intake manifold, does it do this all the time? or just on occasion? if u've got lots of parts do a quick compression check on the cylinders make sure ur valves arent stuck open cuz that can cause funkiness, but i had something like that and didnt find out that one of the hoses off my intake manifold had blown off as well as the erg hose was blown off cuz my intake had pulled stuff out of where it should have been when it shifted around
Old 04-18-2003, 01:37 PM
qtiger

Could be a throttle plate leak if you've checked all the vac lines checked out.

Did you use new manifold and TB gaskets?
Old 04-18-2003, 02:49 PM
preylude99

yea, sometimes if you take the TB and manifold gaskets out new ones should be used, depending on how they are.....were the gaskets flattened out?