Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Need SMOG Help!!

Old 03-15-2003, 05:02 PM
pinoy830

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need SMOG Help!!

Does anyone know of a Smog shop in So. California that can help me pass my ’94 Accord w/JDM H22a for it’s smog check? Accord is stock except for I/H/E. I need the smog check by March 28th, 2003. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:14 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went to auto research center ( http://www.smogcheck.com/ ) and had no problem. they did check that i had the carb numbers for my intake (but it has the sticker on it) so i don't know if you have that stuff. i don't have a swap or anything, so i don't know how that'll go, but they were really cool (especially about my car being so low. no problem with that at all). so i would reccommend them (there's also a coupon on their site for $8 off so make sure you get that).
Old 03-18-2003, 11:54 AM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kaizix
i went to auto research center ( http://www.smogcheck.com/ ) and had no problem. they did check that i had the carb numbers for my intake (but it has the sticker on it) so i don't know if you have that stuff. i don't have a swap or anything, so i don't know how that'll go, but they were really cool (especially about my car being so low. no problem with that at all). so i would reccommend them (there's also a coupon on their site for $8 off so make sure you get that).
JDM egnines aren't technically smog legal in California. That's his main problem. He could try to pass it off as a USDM H22, but smog shops are getting stricter these days, so success going that route isn't guaranteed. The best bet would be to find a semi-ghetto smog station that won't know what they're looking at. As long as things look pretty much stock, your chances of getting smogged will be pretty good. As for actually passing the emissions testing, make sure your cat is in good working order and that it's properly warmed up before rolling into the smog station.