Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

bad valve adjustment maybe???

Old 06-24-2002, 06:40 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad valve adjustment maybe???

i had a valve adjustment done the other day, (builthatch) helped me, and the car runs great once warm.. very quiet.. everything is nice and snug.. NO clatter, heres the problem.. when cold it stalls in nuetral at lights.. once warmed up its fine.. i dunno how to do it really.. i mean i have an idea.. but im NOT %100 and i feel bad askign him to look at it again... sinse he did it for free.. any ideas? help???maybe they are too tight.. maybe i need to reset the ecu??? if they were too tight would other things be messed up??
Old 06-24-2002, 06:54 AM
90'RS

When I was talking with a guy with honda he said that the valves would most likely make a little noise on these cars and they shouldn't be to tight. I'm not sure but that may be the problem. You don't let your car warm before you drive it?
Old 06-24-2002, 06:59 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

on the warming up thing.. yeah when it is cold out but not in the middle of sumer.. lol i mean i never thought about it.. i mean i guess warming up is a bad description... it isn't that the car is cold.. cause it is not cold... its hot out.. it i smore like when it is NOT ON for a few hours, or first thing in the morning... i mean i have no problem letting it warm up... but i just don't want to be hurting anything.. i ran it on juice sat night (after the adjustment) and performance was golden... very good clean acceleration.. no problems... i just don't want to hurt anything.