Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Need Help: Radiator Coolant leaking from the back area.

Old 12-10-2002, 11:59 PM
dnt94civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help: Radiator Coolant leaking from the back area.

This has been happening for a while, but I just remembered about it. after every oil change, I check my radiator levels, and my reservior tank is always empty. So I fill it back up to the Max level. My radiator is still full though. Then for the next couple of days, I get leaks on the ground. I know it is coming from the back area, cause I always think that I am leaking oil. Also, I am not overheating. My temp guage reads normal on my cluster.
So, what are some of the causes for this to happen? Is it just a simple matter of something being loose, are is there a major underlying cause to this situation. by the way, it is a 99 B18c1 OBD1 motor with type R tranny, and a del sol dual core radiator. I have never changed the thermostat on it either. I got the Swap in winter/spring of 2001, and it has always been like this.

TIA
Old 12-11-2002, 06:42 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

there is a pipe near the back. it has a 90% bend. that's your culprit. big fat pipe for radiator coolant on the block.
-----
Old 12-11-2002, 09:02 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Default What's up?

It's leaking from the back of the radiator or the back of the engine? There are two lines that come off the engine that go into the firewall, they feed the heater core inside. I would make sure those lines are solid and not leaking. There are also other lines on the engine that feed coolant around, make sure those are solid too. Seeya.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:14 AM
shonnys92si

how many miles do u have on your engine, if u have quite a few miles it might be ur water pump
Old 12-15-2002, 10:27 PM
civicon19s

how do you figure that would cause the coolant leak?? j/w