Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

91 crx hf VS 92 civic dx

Old 10-14-2002, 02:08 PM
sprprbgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 crx hf VS 92 civic dx

ok my friend has a 92 civic dx 4 door 5 speed and he swapped the motor out (cause it blew up) and put in a 92 crx hf motor. it idles fine but.... it seems like it is "taching out" at around 3000 rpms. in first gear he can only hit 20mph and in second gear only 30mph. WHAT THE HELL???? we replaced the o2 sensor(used a universal not really sure the wires are right cause they are different colors but made educated guese) and a new fuel filter and regulator. so he hasnt had a check engine light untill today but it goes off and on . so i need a little help. is the crx motor that slow? or lacking that much power? the motor taken out was a 16 valve and the motor we put in was an 8 valve. so we used all of the intake and sensors off the 16 valve so they are correct (i think). he also has a new header cat and muffler.

helppp plllleeeeeaaaassee
Old 10-14-2002, 02:41 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

You didn't use the CRX hf tranny did you?

The CRX hf engine doesn't turn very high RPM very well, it's made to build torque and save gas, and the HF transmission is geared very high to accomodate this.

Is the car MPFI? If it's throttle body injected, you're really starving that HF engine and it's not even making as much torque as it otherwise would with multi-port injection.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:18 PM
sprprbgt

UMMMM WHAT IS MPFI? no i didnt use the crx tranny. the crx was not tb injected i think it had 4 injectors. i just found out that the civic is taching out between 4000 and 4500. could it be the gear ratios? what are the hp and toque comparisions?
Old 10-14-2002, 04:59 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

MPFI is multi-port fuel injection, I just wanted to make sure you didn't put throttle body injection on that engine.

The Hf had like 67 HP and 90 tq.
Old 10-14-2002, 05:18 PM
sprprbgt

ok how about the civic dx? hp and toque? how about the gear ratio's?

i heard there is a wire that you can ground coming out of the computer to cut the rev limiter. is this true? which wire is it?
Old 10-16-2002, 06:31 AM
v4lu3s

a civic dx engine has 102 hp.

and there is no such wire at least not on hondas newer than 1992