Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

It just won't start

Old 12-16-2005, 06:33 AM
johnny005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It just won't start

Hi People,

I need some help. I have a 1992 Acura Integra LS. It didn't decide to start this morning and I am trying to troubleshoot why. It was cold out this morning (Clear 34.0°F) and I am thinking maybe that might have a reason why it didn't start. The lights come on and the battery terminals are good. Put the key in the ignition, go to start the engine and I get a click. No turning over, no nothing. I am thinking it might be the starter. Now it started yesterday fine. It hasn't been any trouble starting before that either. So I am looking for any advice, any online car troubleshooter sites or a car troubleshooter flowchart to figure it out. Thanks People.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:49 PM
HallKemar

alternator.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:47 AM
mr.crx

not the alternator you are getting power thats what the click is....
its your starter its frozen the soleenoid is trying to turn it but cant take your starter out bring it to an autoaone of pepboys and they will be able to tell you that your starter is bad and how much a new one is. i have had that problem before along with a bad alternator and that is nothing like and alternator!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:47 AM
shortdahri

starter.