Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Gsr And Ls Motor Swap

Old 09-08-2004, 06:45 AM
AccordinglyDone
Wicked Kustomz, CC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr And Ls Motor Swap

Just bought a 94 integra with a LS motor that spun a bearing my friend has a gsr motor will the bottom end bolt up to the LS top? because the head has just been built. also did Integra with sunroof and full power come with a 1.8l non v-tec motor?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:53 AM
brothalynchhung

Yes 1.8 b18 non vtec i beleive
Old 09-08-2004, 08:29 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Yes. You have either an LS or GS Integra on your hands. Both are powered by the B18B1, a non-VTEC motor with roughly 142hp. The GS has slightly larger front and rear anti-roll bars.

In terms of making the LS head fit on a GSR block, there's going to be some machine work involved to ensure the LS head seats properly.

To tell you the god's honest truth, I'd buy a GSR head and ECU instead.
You're 1/2 way to a GSR motor swap already, so why not follow through with the rest?
Why gave up the displacement and head efficiency?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

:werd: good point might as well get a whole GSR motor
Old 09-08-2004, 10:09 AM
AccordinglyDone
Wicked Kustomz, CC

Understood then my next question shall be will the GSR motor fit directly into my integra will the tranny I already have also I know I will have to get the ECU but will I have to change the wiring harness to that of a GSR I also know that I will have to wire in the V-tec but what else is there to do I consider my self engine compliant but am not quite familiar with swaps any help you guys or gals can give me would greatly be appreciative to make life as easy as possible also in no rush to get it done but would like it running asap but not a have to. I was also considering making my hatch into a integra and just part out the rest of it but i dont know what i want to do!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:22 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Our Hybrid Forum is really the best place to ask on specific wiring issues for both of your scenarios.
In fact, you could just part out the Integra, and use the funds for a GSR swap for your hatch. In any event, take a moment to swing by the Hybrid forum and the specifcs of wiring will be revealed.
-----
Regarding the transmission: The GSR's higher final drive will be a better match to the powerband of the B18C* motor. Ideally, you should get a GSR tranny... but if memory serves, a LS manual will fit. (I think)

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-11-2004, 06:52 PM
axhammer
Canadian Icelander

LS manual will fit np(no problem). You said ur head was built wat did u mean by that. You can get LS internals cheap, but GSR and ITR internals won't fit the LS pistons(or the crank). The best match is either B18B internals, b16 will fit too(11:1 PR3 more power) or all GSR internals with a GSR crank. For Vtec all u need is a RPM activated switch. The ls computer will run it but the stock rev limter must be brought up. GSR or ITR ecu is better for fuel maps.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:08 PM
99Accolude
heavy cars Rule!

Originally Posted by AccordinglyDone
Understood then my next question shall be will the GSR motor fit directly into my integra will the tranny I already have also I know I will have to get the ECU but will I have to change the wiring harness to that of a GSR I also know that I will have to wire in the V-tec but what else is there to do I consider my self engine compliant but am not quite familiar with swaps any help you guys or gals can give me would greatly be appreciative to make life as easy as possible also in no rush to get it done but would like it running asap but not a have to. I was also considering making my hatch into a integra and just part out the rest of it but i dont know what i want to do!
motor will fit like it belongs there. the gsr and ls motor are identical in size. the only difference is that one has a stronger block and longer stroke and is none vtec. so everything fit perfectly. you can use the ls tranny you already have, that is also basicly the same as the gsr tranny. just that the ls has longer gear ratios. like most people are suggestin go with the whole gsr swap. its kinda stupid to put a non vtec head on a gsr block. thats like going the oppsite way from ls vtec. performance is going to suck. i suggest selling the ls head and buying a gsr head or b16(civic si) head. All motor mounts will fit too.. good luck.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:44 AM
axhammer
Canadian Icelander

Originally Posted by 99Accolude
motor will fit like it belongs there. the gsr and ls motor are identical in size. the only difference is that one has a stronger block and longer stroke and is none vtec. so everything fit perfectly. you can use the ls tranny you already have, that is also basicly the same as the gsr tranny. just that the ls has longer gear ratios. like most people are suggestin go with the whole gsr swap. its kinda stupid to put a non vtec head on a gsr block. thats like going the oppsite way from ls vtec. performance is going to suck. i suggest selling the ls head and buying a gsr head or b16(civic si) head. All motor mounts will fit too.. good luck.
Not to get off topic but the B18B has a stronger block?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:04 PM
nathan_lol

Originally Posted by AccordinglyDone
LS VTEC homie is the way to go.. more torque.. garantee u'll be spankin GSRz with ease.. and type rz dependin on how good with the setup u can pull off.. but the thing is.. the ls dont have vtec.. good news is.. they sell the fittinz and all the requirements for the setup now..
http://216.105.48.137/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=676
theres the link.. no hassle