Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Gsr And Ls Motor Swap

Old 09-14-2004, 09:11 AM
theguy387

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another good choice would be cr vtec. instead of using teh b18b from an ls you would get the b20 which is a 2.0 liter and is a bit faster than the ls vtec.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:59 PM
99Accolude
heavy cars Rule!

Originally Posted by axhammer
Not to get off topic but the B18B has a stronger block?
the ls block is stronger hold more boost. but as for ls vtec. its NOT realible yes its true its faster than gsr motor but it will give you a shit load of problems its proven. id go with the b20 probably cost the same or a lil less. and it has more torque more displacement and the b20vtec is a force to recon with. i have a b20vtec in my teg and no type r compares . now even less b20/b16 head supercharged head competely worked from valves and retaineers to double valve springs . je piston arias rods compression to 11:5. Tunned by nyc. minieme tunning. Last time i ran my car it ran mid 11 and no one out there with type r gsr even boosted gsr has anything on me. Dude go with the b20 vtec it make sure you do it right though. b20 block is weak. so be carefull with over reving it. you might want to sleeve it.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:36 PM
axhammer
Canadian Icelander

Originally Posted by 99Accolude
the ls block is stronger hold more boost. but as for ls vtec. its NOT realible yes its true its faster than gsr motor but it will give you a shit load of problems its proven. id go with the b20 probably cost the same or a lil less. and it has more torque more displacement and the b20vtec is a force to recon with. i have a b20vtec in my teg and no type r compares . now even less b20/b16 head supercharged head competely worked from valves and retaineers to double valve springs . je piston arias rods compression to 11:5. Tunned by nyc. minieme tunning. Last time i ran my car it ran mid 11 and no one out there with type r gsr even boosted gsr has anything on me. Dude go with the b20 vtec it make sure you do it right though. b20 block is weak. so be carefull with over reving it. you might want to sleeve it.
This is taken from another honda-acura post by 99accolude: