Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

How do i paint the black vinyl part on the door to match the car paint? Help

Old 09-22-2003, 02:17 PM
95TEGGY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i paint the black vinyl part on the door to match the car paint? Help

Hi guys i have a 95 integra. Im not sure what its called but on the outside of the door i got the black vynil stripe the goes lenghwise on my car. Its the thing so that when people open the door, it hits that thing and not your pain. Im just wandering how do i take it out, because i took the little screw off from the inside of the door but it wouldnt come out and i didnt want to break it or bend it. Can anyone help me. Here is a pic, its not my car but thats what im talking about. My car is silver and that thing is black so it looks really bad. Thansk guys

here is the link to the pic

http://www.ssadevelopment.com/images/1213.bmp
Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 AM
93HybridCX
Beast from the East

If you talking about the door molding in the middle of the door then you have to pull your door panel off and inside of your door there are little clips that hold it in little holes thats in your door you have to squeeze the clips and pop them out. If you want to take it off of the quarter panel you have to take the plastic out of the back sides of your car the ones under the quarter window and it has the same clips as in the doors. To get to the ones on the fenders you have to pull your inner fenders off your car and it has the same little clips. Good luck :thumbup:
Old 09-26-2003, 09:22 AM
95TEGGY

How come when i take the door panel out, there is like another metal piece thats i attached. Like the window is between those 2 metal sheets. Do i have to take that metal sheet out to. It has like glue and stuff on the sides as well.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:49 AM
93HybridCX
Beast from the East

When you take the door panel off you have to pull the piece of thin plastic off thats glued to your door. Once its off there are big holes in the piece of metal and you just have to reach in and sqeeze the clips. You also have to have your window up in order to get to them so its not in the way.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Microbrewa

i have a 95 white ls integra as well, and i was wondering that if this black strip was taken off, would it look funny...like is there something underneath it or is it just a regular looking part of the panel..
Old 09-28-2003, 08:22 PM
95TEGGY

no man there are holes in there. you would look dumb lols